BLVD Beltline | 118.87m | 37s | ONE Properties | Arquitectonica

20210323_100737.jpg

I wish they'd start phase 2 soon.

I could be wrong but I don't think they have submitted a DP for the third tower, if we don't see something in the next few months I'd suspect they have no plans to go forward with it once the first two towers are done. Hopefully they do something nice with the corner rather than let it sit as a gravel lot for a few years.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised they didn't decide to do the entire podium at once, even if they're not doing tower 3. It would help that section of Macleod plus would save them construction time once they decide to go ahead with tower 3.

I think the only improvement that could've been made was to continue the brick work through these vertical separations between the windows, as it sits currently it just looks out of place and an unnecessary disruption to the consistent window pattern (disrupts the rhythm). It isn't as noticeable on the dark grey brick, but is with the multi-colour brick. These are the areas i'm talking about:
1617635196958.png

Also i think that the multi-colour brick is a little bit too much and looks kind of dated already. I think that if they went with a blonde brick very similar to what is on the Edward it would clean it right up. Brick like this:
1617635323939.png

Last edited:
Forms are being built for the street level step up on the north side. They have also installed the horizontal supports for the awnings.
20210416_075142.jpg

Not a lot of exterior updates these days mostly minor tweaks and cleanup work. Glass is starting to go up on the balconies for the north tower and podium brickwork is underway on the south tower. As you can see from GoVertical's night time shots the interior work has progressed most of the way up the north tower. Should be on track for occupancy in the fall/winter.

Back