Currie | 87m | 30s | CLC | DIALOG

CurrieMap.JPG

Didn't see this in here before so thought I'd update it. The "Statesman" is moving ahead with the Davenport building.

The building going up now is the start of phase 2 after the Officers' Mess Hall.

It's not much or anything close to UD but its something and as a resident of Garrison Woods I'd like for this to become something... In my lifetime.

Not exactly the active frontage on Queenswaywood Drive that was planned. But, given such a slow pace of development in Currie Barracks, anything will be appreciated. This, coupled with Anthem's project along the south edge, and Statesman's Currie Green project, might finally start to bring some momentum to this neighbourhood. Now if only Bosa would do something with their major site.

Looks like the government of Canada will be building some affordable housing somewhere in Currie
Canada NewsWire: MORE HOMES COMING TO CALGARY.

Looks like the government of Canada will be building some affordable housing somewhere in Currie
Canada NewsWire: MORE HOMES COMING TO CALGARY.
These lots
1648845552322.png

This is being renewed as there has been an Anthem Sales Centre building there for awhile... But what is this 'Temporary Residential Sales Centre (3 years) by ANTHEM PROPERTIES GROUP', selling? Is it for their parcel right beside this off Richardson Way?
DMAP

It's likely for Anthem's parcel on the northeast side of the Currie Green development. That parcel had the application released on April 28 2022. And on a recent walk by there was some action on site. Would the sales centre be so far away? Probably... The proposal is for 15 buildings!
DMAP

One more thing... The application for the Outdoor Café at the Burwood Distillery was approved on October 13, 2022. But still can be appealed: 'Any appeal of the decision must be submitted to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board from October 20, 2022 to November 10, 2022.'

Last edited:
This is being renewed as there has been an Anthem Sales Centre building there for awhile... But what is this 'Temporary Residential Sales Centre (3 years) by ANTHEM PROPERTIES GROUP', selling? Is it for their parcel right beside this off Richardson Way?
DMAP

It's likely for Anthem's parcel on the northeast side of the Currie Green development. That parcel had the application released on April 28 2022. And on a recent walk by there was some action on site. Would the sales centre be so far away? Probably... The proposal is for 15 buildings!
DMAP

One more thing... The application for the Outdoor Café at the Burwood Distillery was approved on October 13, 2022. But still can be appealed: 'Any appeal of the decision must be submitted to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board from October 20, 2022 to November 10, 2022.'
To update this... The sales centre is NOT for the townhomes! As there is now a proposed sales centre on that site.

So the sales centre I mentioned is for the multi-family multibuilding development that is directly adjacent to the sales centre.

The outdoor cafe at the distillery was not appealed, I assume we see some movement on that this spring. There is a empty property just to the west of the distillery that has a land use change that's going to Planning Commission on March 9th.

Still a large empty lot in the middle of Currie, but slow change is happening.

Bosa is selling two parcels in the core of Currie at Currie St & Dieppe.

Colliers' drawing and map don't really match the lot 12 location and shape on the CFB West Master Plan (page 268). I don't know if they are re/subdividing the lots or they purposely do it to hide some information until you sign the NDA.

The original CFB West Master Plan allows up to 8 storeys with a tower up to 30 storeys. Base on what the developers have built so far, they will build up to the highest allowed heights.

Is Bosa abandoning Currie or Calgary or they just need cash or this is normal for this kind of development?

a3d10711-8490-4cd8-b0c4-2e16a58cfb68-w.jpg
2708bb47-fd14-43e9-91ee-77081801f71b-w.jpg
5e17063b-aff1-4bf2-bd1d-91faeae77353-w.jpg
d000fc3a-6c1c-495d-acb8-44d72da7503b-w.jpg

Back