Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Good

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Not so good

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Is the swoop supported by cables on the taller tower? It looks that way. I’m not sold on it. Seems gimmicky and like it will age poorly. I also have doubts about the trees on the balconies. I do appreciate that the towers aren’t identical twins though. Also the large amount of retail.

Echo most comments here. Decent towers, but a really dated podium design. Borderline tacky.

Where's the "so-so" option? This podium looks straight out of 2003! (during the death throes of late-state PoMo, with its undulating, vaguely space agey ornamentation).

Agreed. This is a case where I’d be happy to see some value engineering done to the podium. Plainer would be better. As is the podium is completely disconnected from the towers with its swooshes.

Echo most comments here. Decent towers, but a really dated podium design. Borderline tacky.
What do you mean? This is inspired by the Old Safeway at Stadium Shopping Centre. It might be such a dated podium design it is circling back to being cool again. /s
1581701775372.png

I'm in the mode where I can't decide if the wavy awning is cool or awful. It does have a retro feel to it.....I guess depending on the materials it could go either way.
What do you mean? This is inspired by the Old Safeway at Stadium Shopping Centre. It might be such a dated podium design it is circling back to being cool again. /s
View attachment 230961

Hi All,
I Read on these Projects that there will B i/2 or 3 Towers of Sorts Built. Ok I can Agree with that Information or what ever..
Rentals or Condos? Guess it Depends on the Developers. I have noticed that it seams that1 Tower gets Built and for
Reasons Unknown You Never Hear about the Rest of the Projects. Am I wrong to make Notice of This? Yes they Cost
Money - Lots Of It. I don't Doubt it one Bit. I Know Calgary's Economy is In a Depression of Sorts, yet I Come away With
the Views that if These Projects had the Finances to Complete ALL of the Projects stated it would Go a Long Way to
Build Confidence in Economic Activity with Money to Spend and Economic Activity on the Upswing in the
Long Term Really.Just My Honest Opinions. Tnx.

Back