Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Good

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Not so good

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Forgot to mention that the retail CRUs total 17,100sq ft of space. 4,800 sq ft of space in the west tower, and 12,300 sq ft of space in the east tower. Retail CRU's will face onto 12th ave and also 11th street.

Holy moly. How many mid-size proposals/BP candidates/whatchamacallits do we have at this point?
The 12th ave One Properties project, Point Tower, 1520, 633 Third Ave, Elbow River Hat, etc.
That's a buttload of new towers, ranging from ~400 to near 600 ft.
That's bound to liven up the downtown area massively in the coming years. And I can't say there's any of these proposals I DON'T want built. All seem to be quite nice projects overall.
I can only imagine the level of density Calgary will see in a few years, particularly the rather sparse area West of the stampede grounds.

Even if a 3rd of the proposals out there get built, that's quite an addition to the core.
Holy moly. How many mid-size proposals/BP candidates/whatchamacallits do we have at this point?
The 12th ave One Properties project, Point Tower, 1520, 633 Third Ave, Elbow River Hat, etc.
That's a buttload of new towers, ranging from ~400 to near 600 ft.
That's bound to liven up the downtown area massively in the coming years. And I can't say there's any of these proposals I DON'T want built. All seem to be quite nice projects overall.
I can only imagine the level of density Calgary will see in a few years, particularly the rather sparse area West of the stampede grounds.

These are from a few years back, but the design is still the same.

2017 Oct 24 173.JPG
2017 Oct 24 176.JPG

2017 Oct 24 174.JPG

Wonder if the tower trees will make it on the final product...
Trees don't do great on towers here unless they are on well protected from wind (especially Chinooks). Grasses and sedums would work better. If the trees get scrapped, hopefully they replace it with some other accessible greenery. With that wacky podium and amenity space, I'm gonna guess they'll follow through.

I like everything about this one. The towers look good, the podium has this weird retro look to it, and 17K sq ft of retail facing both 12th ave and 11th street. Winner.

Is the swoop supported by cables on the taller tower? It looks that way. I’m not sold on it. Seems gimmicky and like it will age poorly. I also have doubts about the trees on the balconies. I do appreciate that the towers aren’t identical twins though. Also the large amount of retail.

Back