COCO | 14.93m | 4s | Sarina Homes

That is true if you are using the modeling (performance) pathway but not if you are using the trade off or the prescriptive pathways. If a developer is smart, they will do exactly as you mentioned above but some of them get caught up in the cost of the model (I know, this makes no sense), and then outboard insulation because one of their better options.
I've done a building with the prescriptive path, and the cost for me to go and calculate the RSI value for each component of the cladding as well as the cost of the extra insulation required everywhere (mostly at the parkade) came out to about 2x what the energy model cost lol. That developer did that method once, then smartened up quick.

I've done a building with the prescriptive path, and the cost for me to go and calculate the RSI value for each component of the cladding as well as the cost of the extra insulation required everywhere (mostly at the parkade) came out to about 2x what the energy model cost lol. That developer did that method once, then smartened up quick.

That is a great example to have in your back pocket. When I was working on my first building under the new code, my consultant laid out both the cost for both paths for me ahead of time and basically came to the same conclusion. Not only do you save on the analysis/consultant end, but it also allows you to be more selective with materials and mechanical systems. Would you mind sending me a DM with your company and contact info? It sounds like we might have the opportunity to do some business together.

E0F5D52E-EE95-4ECB-BC1A-B18CF9E169F9.jpeg

Attachments

• E0F5D52E-EE95-4ECB-BC1A-B18CF9E169F9.jpeg
    E0F5D52E-EE95-4ECB-BC1A-B18CF9E169F9.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 873
This one will be interesting and will add some pop to the street along 33rd. The "floating" window bay projections will give it a unique look with more character than some of the older multi-family projects in the area. This, combined with projects like Courtyard 33 at the other end of 33rd are really going to add to the look and vibrancy of Marda Loop!

Back