Capella | ?m | ?s | Brookfield | McKinley Burkart

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thread for the Capella project that was mentioned a while back. 142 units, 8 buildings. 92 of the units in a main 5 storey apartment style building and the rest of the units in 7 low rise buildings.

_20uc5bw.jpeg 7i6pb0-4.jpeg 8wuseaXc.jpeg fW9HFSNc.jpeg jlqhohRY.jpeg jX-r1wLM.jpeg RB2HfG7E.jpeg

8wuseaXc.jpeg

RB2HfG7E.jpeg

7i6pb0-4.jpeg

Attachments

Calgcouver

Member Bio
Reaction score
Understated and sophisticated material choices. Looks good! Also curious where this site is. I wish this is what Seton was turning out like, instead of the dogshit that is being built there.

AccUnit

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm torn. The materials and design are good but I get a projects kind of vibe from it.

Patrick.1980

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks good for the most part. The light coloured brick is great, I wish builders used white brick more often.

Urb

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks good - reminds me on the townhouse developments in Currie

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome. I was thinking about taking a walk to Uni district sometime this week. Looks like Sunday will be a nice day for it, so thanks! I'll try n get a shot of it!

LloydBraun

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm torn. The materials and design are good but I get a projects kind of vibe from it.
Really not a big fan of developments of this scale repeating themselves. Agreed. Wish they broke up the devolpment cells into smaller individual parcels for greater variety. Very low income projects despite good design—almost unavoidable.