Calgary Cancer Centre | 75m | 14s | Province of Alberta | Stantec

July 16 1023.jpg

Attachments

• July 16 1023.jpg
    July 16 1023.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 749
Hi,
Interesting Shot as Such. Thought it Would B a Bigger Bldg really. How High Floor Wise will It B

Tnx,
Operater,

A few weeks back I was on the top floor of the professional building across the street to the east of this, that pit is indeed MASSIVE.

Perhaps it looks small in the picture but yeah, it's gigantic. Look at the mobile home things parked around the pit, those are what? 40ft long each?
Compare that to the size of the pit.

In person it's absolutely massive too.

Hi All,
Just Hope that if there is a Change in Gvmnt in 2019 This Project will Keep on Going to Completion. Haven't had a Chance to Follow as Much but it does look to B Interesting as
Time Goes On. Something Calgary Needs Quite Badly.

Tnx,
Operater.

As a design build contract it would be very hard to stop this. A new government could decide to not equip it however, or to not provide funds for the move from existing facilities, or any incremental operating cost, leaving it mothballed until funds allowed the move. Who knows what will happen - the Wildrose campaigned in 2012 on stretching the South Health Campus spending for a few extra years and delaying the opening so anything is possible.

Hi, The Reason I was Wondering About this Site is that I am Seeing Projects/Programs being Shut Down Big Time in Ontario by "Ford Nation". As I see It, We Need This Project in Southern Alberta.
Tnx,
Operater.

I'm not sure if its been mentioned but the other benefit of having what looks to be such a world-class medical centre is that it will attract more great doctors for research etc. and this centre does look world class. Just need to link it to the transit network with a permanent link.

It's taken a long time to get to this point, but now that it's this far along progress will be quicker.

Back