Calgary Event Centre | 36.85m | 11s | CSEC | HOK

Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 88 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 39 28.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
I know these are t-shirts covering the seats but imagine something like this rather with a flames logo would be *chefs kiss*

CumNRbmXEAAjEhN.jpg

Alright, since the roughnecks have officially began their pre-season activities, I can give the reasoning for why the seats in the new event centre won't be red.

Reason 1: If any of you keep up with he roughnecks, you may have seen their new turf sponsor & new turf set up. Roughnecks home games will now be played on WestJet field at the Scotiabank Saddledome (or something like that). WestJet is now the sole turf sponsor of the 'necks, and the turf is now a teal colour with navy blue accents (pictured below). This is expected to be the case for a good amount fo coming year, i'm not exactly sure of the actual length of the contract. CSEC knew this was coming during the design phase and they decided against flame red seats because of how awful the clashing with the teal turf would be during 'necks home games.

Reason 2: The Roughnecks also now have a new logo! If you look closely at the turf, red is no longer an official colour of the team, it is now grey, black, white, skin colour etc. CSEC' reasoning for this is the same as the turf, their colours aren't red anymore so they decided against it, 2 teams don't have key red colours, 1 does, might as well just keep it a neutral colour, hence a grey choice, considering how much red stands out when the seats are left unoccupied which a decent portion are when Hitmen and Roughnecks games are played.

We can at least be grateful (as far as I know) all the seats will match In colour! None of this red blue green garbage.

E-ylKQ8XoAQdPvq.jpg

01057252-1024x577.jpg

TBH the teal is weirdly calming but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seats should be black like Edmonton. Black seats are classy and sharp looking while giving off a luxurious vibe in my opinion.

Pretty silly that a Jr. hockey team and a 2nd tier pro league, (I love and support the Roughnecks and Hitmen but let’s be realistic), that play fewer games combined than the Flames, are dictating colour!

I was never on board with an entire arena of red seats (too stark), but would have loved all the seats to be black except a couple rows of red seats in the middle of the lower and upper bowl (like a stripe).

Does anyone have any clue when the interior renders will be released? It has to be soon if they plan in breaking ground this month.
I don't, but interior fit-out isn't anywhere near the critical path right now. Utilities, excavation, and foundations alone will probably bring us into this time next year.

Back