Calgary Event Centre | 36.85m | 11s | CSEC | HOK

Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 89 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 28.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
Yup.

1963-Council-of-Churches-Services.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like if you want this arena deal to go ahead you better be rooting for the flames to make it to at least Game 7.

More updates to come this afternoon apparently/maybe.

Not exactly the most diverse group of individuals. I've seen some comments on Twitter suggesting these appointments benefit the Flames organization however I don't know enough about the individuals to say whether or not those comments are accurate or why people may be suggesting it.

Not exactly the most diverse group of individuals. I've seen some comments on Twitter suggesting these appointments benefit the Flames organization however I don't know enough about the individuals to say whether or not those comments are accurate or why people may be suggesting it.

I'd guess they are going to help CSEC exploit the real estate side of the deal (bus barns, etc.)? Maybe others have more inside info, but I've never gotten the sense that CSEC really knew exactly how they were going to exploit the real estate - moreso that they just knew they should be able to make money somehow...

Do you guys think that when they eventually get to an agreement that the original design and urban design will stay the same, or that it will be a completely new design? I'd like to think that that will make it different, but they are also pretty lazy and probably want to keep all the work they can prior to breaking off the original agreement.

The Flames AHL club moving to Calgary will influence the design somewhat as there will have to be a change up in the design of the lower level to accommodate them. It's also possible they look at building that secondary arena that was originally proposed instead of a parkade as it looks like the Hitman will be playing most of if not all their games outside of the Saddledome next season because of scheduling conflicts.

The Flames AHL club moving to Calgary will influence the design somewhat as there will have to be a change up in the design of the lower level to accommodate them. It's also possible they look at building that secondary arena that was originally proposed instead of a parkade as it looks like the Hitman will be playing most of if not all their games outside of the Saddledome next season because of scheduling conflicts.
Is that so? Seems all their local games still will be at the Dome for the 2022-23 season.

There a ton of overlaping dates with the schedule released by the AHL
It's not going to be a problem. There are several buildings in NA that handle 3+ teams.

Hitmen generally have 2pm starts on Sundays; the AHL club can easily doubleheader in the evening if necessary (maybe need to bump Hitmen up to 1pm).

Playoff time is where there could be an occasional issue, but still not a big deal.

Back