Calgary City Centre West Tower | 132.28m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

The original hotel residential tower looked a lot better than this.

I noticed today that The Old Spaghetti Factory has closed.
Does this mean anything for CCCII ?
Pleeeease. :)

That one sign says Fairmont, is the hotel portion going to be a Fairmont?

Yes, even the old iteration of the project had Fairmont signed on.

Hi All,
Didn't get a Chance to see much, but I was wondering what Goes in on the 2nd Tower wasn't sure if Its Office or Perhaps
will B Condos etc.

Tnx,
Operater.

According to the render on pg1, the West tower appears to be residential, with a Hotel/Spa near the bottom. I haven't been following this building extensively, so you'd be about as sure as I would about what exactly is going on, but that might give a rough idea.
It was going to be hotel at bottom and residential in the tower portion, but they changed it to bottom 22 floors of office space, and top 10 floors of hotel.

I think more office space is the last thing the city needs right now, especially when you look at Brookfield at night lol. Maybe they have an anchor tenant in mind that will justify construction.

They did successfully lease out tower 1. And their internal rate of return for investment in real estate is 7.3%, and discount rate including inflation 4.8% (2.75% without inflation), so if construction costs can be locked in low, and they can find a partner for the hotel (they currently lease out the Four Seasons in Vancouver directly to Four Seasons, but that will come to an end - what their plans are there are unclear), it might be time to go forward, since those numbers are indicative of very patient money.

My guess is nothing is happening with the new tower unfortunately. I can't see another office building or hotel going up at the moment. Why they would tear down the Old Spaghetti Factory is a question for sure though. Maybe the building had some issues?

Back