Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've always liked Jamieson Place, they don't add in enough stone in buildings anymore, and I liked how they did that one.
AlXpfTl.jpg

This was my introduction to Jamieson Place and I must say I loved it right away!

That's the good angle of it, if you look at it from the sides or from the north it just looks awkward. I really don't like the silver boxes with the sun shades, don't like the silver glass on the vertical fins/spires and just generally think it's trying too hard. The best thing to ever happen to that building was when City Centre blocked it from the skyline on the north side lol.

It was about FCC2, meaning First Canadian Centre II, a totally different complex than Brookfield Place. It was just a helpful correction, you didn't need to take it so harshly. Take that stuff to SSP where it belongs man.

Edit: Ohhh I see where I mixed up now. The preface of the comment was FCC II, but in relation to Brookfield West. When I read it last night I thought he was talking about the incomplete atrium area of First Canadian Centre as well, as I believe that one was never finished either. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Either way, the point about your overreactive response stands. Please try to temper that in the future when someone merely tries to point something out, even if it happens to be a mistake. I am a prolific contributor to this forum, I'm obviously not in the habit of purposefully making enemies here.
No problem. And in the future, Ill keep my indignation on the back burner. This place is a breath of fresh air after spending too much time on that other forum.

I absolutely love the look of the crown lit up on Brookfield Place. As a bit of an aside, does anyone know if Calgary still has a night skies policy? I remember growing up there was a big push about modifying street lights and limiting light pollution so that people in the city limits could still see the stars. As much as I love the lighting treatments that a lot of our latest skyscrapers have received, I'm curious if there's any thought to light pollution downtown and still trying to preserve a glimpse of the night sky for downtown residents such as myself.

Not sure on any official city policy, of course they did complete the retrofit of street lights to LED's over the last couple of years.

Back