• So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi All,
When I First Came out to Calgary The Complex was Totally Different. Dome Tower and Home Oil Towers Had Their Respective Names. STILL DO! The Bldg at
700 2nd St S W was Known as Hudson Bay Oil & Gas or HBOG. It All Changed When Dome Petrolium Bought Out Hudson Bay Oil & Gas in 1983 or 84.
Not Sure When it Was Changed to Scotia Centre as Scotia Bank Main Branch was at 240 8th Ave S W. Later Dome Got Into Financial Straights and Got Bought Out by
Amoco. That was the Time of the N E P.

Tnx,
Operater,

15243321876301599053587579576801.jpg

Attachments

• 15243321876301599053587579576801.jpg
    15243321876301599053587579576801.jpg
    968.9 KB · Views: 643
8-12 years most likely
If ever, FCC2 has been proposed a million times but nothing has happened. I would prefer tower 2 not get built (or at least proposed as something completely different from building 1), but would love to see the atrium building finished, what we have now is only 1/3 of what that space was supposed to be.

Hi All,
When I First Came out to Calgary The Complex was Totally Different. Dome Tower and Home Oil Towers Had Their Respective Names. STILL DO! The Bldg at
700 2nd St S W was Known as Hudson Bay Oil & Gas or HBOG. It All Changed When Dome Petrolium Bought Out Hudson Bay Oil & Gas in 1983 or 84.
Not Sure When it Was Changed to Scotia Centre as Scotia Bank Main Branch was at 240 8th Ave S W. Later Dome Got Into Financial Straights and Got Bought Out by
Amoco. That was the Time of the N E P.

Tnx,
Operater,
Did you have an onion tied to your belt?

If ever, FCC2 has been proposed a million times but nothing has happened. I would prefer tower 2 not get built (or at least proposed as something completely different from building 1), but would love to see the atrium building finished, what we have now is only 1/3 of what that space was supposed to be.
Anything to get rid of the Bay parkade, The 7th ave corridor has morphed splendidly over the last ten years, and this is one of the last remaining blights.

The post you were responding to had nothing to do with the Bow Parkade (formerly known as the Bay Parkade).

The post you were responding to had nothing to do with the Bow Parkade (formerly known as the Bay Parkade).
The post I was responding to was about the second Brookfield tower, which would replace the eyesore of a parkade at 7th ave and 2nd St. S.W. Formerly the Bay Parkade. Now the Bow Parkade. Thanks for your incredibly insightful post. Keep up the good work.

The post I was responding to was about the second Brookfield tower, which would replace the eyesore of a parkade at 7th ave and 2nd St. S.W. Formerly the Bay Parkade. Now the Bow Parkade. Thanks for your incredibly insightful post. Keep up the good work.

It was about FCC2, meaning First Canadian Centre II, a totally different complex than Brookfield Place. It was just a helpful correction, you didn't need to take it so harshly. Take that stuff to SSP where it belongs man.

Edit: Ohhh I see where I mixed up now. The preface of the comment was FCC II, but in relation to Brookfield West. When I read it last night I thought he was talking about the incomplete atrium area of First Canadian Centre as well, as I believe that one was never finished either. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Either way, the point about your overreactive response stands. Please try to temper that in the future when someone merely tries to point something out, even if it happens to be a mistake. I am a prolific contributor to this forum, I'm obviously not in the habit of purposefully making enemies here.

Last edited:
As far as parking garages go, I like the retro vibe from the bits and pieces left from the original design.

Anyone see that the crown was lit up yesterday?! Was purple. Sorry I didn't grab a photo. Maybe tonight it will be on, so check it out.

yeah, I noticed it too. I think only two sides were illuminated.

Anyone see that the crown was lit up yesterday?! Was purple. Sorry I didn't grab a photo. Maybe tonight it will be on, so check it out.

I got a pic after the forum meet up! Meant to post it but drank more beers with my roommates instead :p

IMG_3172.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3172.JPG
    IMG_3172.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_3179.JPG
    IMG_3179.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 440

Back