• So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What a space! looks massive too.

They could make people take the stairs, it's good for the calves.
Not sure how they would get around barrier free requirements, people in wheelchairs don't do so well on stairs and safety codes people at the city usually don't let that stuff slide.

Last edited:
I feel like I remember someone mentioning that one reason they didn't make it into an observation deck was so it didn't take business away from the Calgary Tower or something along those lines, but I could be wrong.

I feel like I remember someone mentioning that one reason they didn't make it into an observation deck was so it didn't take business away from the Calgary Tower or something along those lines, but I could be wrong.
I recall something like that as well. I'm okay with keeping the Calgary Tower as the main spot for tourist observation deck, but it would be nice to see this open to people in some form or another, even if it was only employees and employee guests like The Bow.

Lotus Tower, Milad Tower, Canton Tower, and Tokyo Sky Tree to name a few.

The Tulip in London is proposed but seems unlikely to go through.

Edit: Tulip is cancelled.

Last edited:
Lotus Tower, Milad Tower, Canton Tower, and Tokyo Sky Tree to name a few.

The Tulip in London is proposed but seems unlikely to go through.

Edit: Tulip is cancelled.
It’s not really fair to compare those cities to Calgary though. Asia is a different market, and those cities have super cheap labour. London isn’t super cheap but is a global tourist hub. The economics of building a new tower wouldn’t make sense in Calgary.

Oh of course haha. I wasn't saying anything about a comparison between Calgary and those cities, I'm not whack. The discussion was about someone being unaware of any observation towers built recently, and I responded with those that have been.

Top of Brookfield Place was lit up orange yesterday. Probably a nod to indigenous people and the whole residential school disaster.

from https://www.facebook.com/zorica.gm.7
195163248_10159412684523431_3094295138996802879_n.jpg

Back