Brentwood Commons | 85m | 24s | Casola Koppe

Hi,
I am a Bit Lost Here! This 34th Ave Site. Will it B a Location of a New Co-op Store Of Hand. Thanks for any Clarifications. Much Appreciated.

Tnx,
Operater,

I found a few more designs from the designers, I know the buildings been revised but it gives a greater depth view of the layout
Updated+Final+01.jpg

Oh wow I am sorry, didn't realize these renders had already been posted! Whoops!

Oh wow I am sorry, didn't realize these renders had already been posted! Whoops!
haha all good, I was trying to wrap my head around whats new in the renderings u shared, I even started putting them side by side in case im missing something big but subtle.

Renders are a big improvement over what they had before, towers look much more sleek. Agree on the parking, but grocery stores are pretty prone to having vast lots. Would probably require a paradigm shift to convince people to park underground or something more sensible instead. This will make a really cool, dense suburban node of tall buildings in the NW though, and I'm looking forward to that.

Hi,

Could B Wrong on this, not Sure but I come away with the Feelings that Most of the Co-op Stores are Going Under Complete Renovations/Rebuilds or Moving to T O Ds,
Ideally it Adds More Traffic to Their Locations Over the Competition. Just My Own Observations.

Tnx:
Operater,

I like the design of the tower but, IMO the gas station and giant parking lot defeat the purpose of TOD. Otherwise not bad.

Parking lots are still needed in these locations. Same with gas stations as they serve large suburban areas. If they didn’t make money with the gas stations they wouldn’t have them.

And they did place in next to the park, so if it isn’t needed in 20 years can build a little low rise there.

And they did place in next to the park, so if it isn’t needed in 20 years can build a little low rise there.
IIRC, the city made them move the gas bar to that location in order to allow the development. I'm fine with this development for the most part. My one big complaint is the way it's cut off from University City/Brentwood Mall.

Parking lots are still needed in these locations. Same with gas stations as they serve large suburban areas. If they didn’t make money with the gas stations they wouldn’t have them.
I think with parking lots there are other options. When I was in London last year, I noticed that some of the parking for supermarkets like TESCO was in the form of above grade parkades. I know they come with a cost but they are definielty much cheaper than underground parking. On top of that, they're a much more efficient use of space. Its just North American cities that have been cursed with so much space to build that they never fully go ahead with such aggressive concepts for density in order to save some money. Given this is a TOD, it could be a lot more aggressive seeing how much parking is still left and if Co-op wanted they could build a mini parkade for suburban folks but the reality is that its most likely never gonna happen unless its a downtown/Beltline location.

Yeah, the parking lot is large, and a shame given Brentwood might be our best example of a TOD thus far. I would like to see the city work with the developer to do whatever they can to do it right, given that it could be the blueprint going forward.

IIRC, the city made them move the gas bar to that location in order to allow the development. I'm fine with this development for the most part. My one big complaint is the way it's cut off from University City/Brentwood Mall.

Yeah, it's funny that they didn't line the streets up with university city.

Back