Bowness 58 | 14m | 5s | Eagle Crest

That is all a lawyer will be able to do ... maybe delay of process. I fail to see what strong legal arguments there would be.

I went to the GoFundMe page. They have raised $1270 of a $15,000 goal. That might buy a lawyer for a day. There is also a picture of a 1930's bungalow with the caption "Imagine a 75 ft building beside this little bungalow" ... funny!
Would it make any difference if it was 4 story instead of 6? ... probably not to these people. They would only be happy if it is another 'little bungalow' being built.

Last edited:
There are lawyers and even entire firms that specialize in nothing but municipal law, development appeals and applications for judicial review of administrative decisions. How worthwhile it is for a property owner or CA to hire a lawyer will depend on the facts. Lawyers cannot and do not arbitrarily delay cases. Administrators, the SDAB, and courts decide the timelines not lawyers.

I do find it odd that this one is getting appealed, when there are several other significant ones in Bowness that have been approved already. The Jake is a block north of this one at the corner of Bowness Rd and 33rd Ave, This one on Bowwood Drive and 61st Street NW, Another on Bowood Drive and 63rd Street, and this one by FAAS, and this last one by FAAS as well.

That is all a lawyer will be able to do ... maybe delay of process. I fail to see what strong legal arguments there would be.

I went to the GoFundMe page. They have raised $1270 of a $15,000 goal. That might buy a lawyer for a day. There is also a picture of a 1930's bungalow with the caption "Imagine a 75 ft building beside this little bungalow" ... funny!
Would it make any difference if it was 4 story instead of 6? ... probably not to these people. They would only be happy if it is another 'little bungalow' being built.
I checked out the page too. They’re already beside an apartment building already lol.
I pray the appeal fails. I’d hate to see a gofundme projects fighting every project that ever get proposed becoming the norm.
The only people who will win is the lawyers.

Back