Bowness 58 | 14m | 5s | Eagle Crest

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thread for the Bowness 58 Proposal. 52 units.

Image6.jpg

Agreed. This is a nice little project, and hopefully it gets built. It'd be nice to see a few of these in Bowness, especially around the main strip which is evolving quite nicely.

The land use for this project, at the corner of Bowness Road and 32nd Avenue NW, just as you cross the river from Montgomery, goes to CPC next week. The planning report is here:
Applicant submission:
DP summary:
Outreach document:
1627780581219.png

I prefer the original rendering, but overall the scale and massing is great.

Here's a question. Can adding extra money to fight an appeal actually make a difference? They plan to hire a lawyer, but would it really make a difference? Just curious.

I get a kick out of this comment from the article
"It is just so much to meet you right when you come over the bridge at the entrance to what's considered a historical little town feel."
Like seriously? Historical little town feel?

Last edited:
I prefer the original rendering, but overall the scale and massing is great.

Here's a question. Can adding extra money to fight an appeal actually make a difference? They plan to hire a lawyer, but would it really make a difference? Just curious.
Being able to hire professionals to fight the case for you will certainly help. Whether the case is much stronger or not, it will be presented in a much more concise, applicable way.

Being able to hire professionals to fight the case for you will certainly help. Whether the case is much stronger or not, it will be presented in a much more concise, applicable way.
Land Use is already approved. The lawyer may help delay the DP for a short while so they can maximize the drag time on appeals but ultimately they will be burning up residents crowd-funded money to make nominal impact on the development in any way.

Back