BMO Centre Expansion | 25m | 5s | CMLC

Very interesting facility, I look forward to seeing it built. One question though, will they be upgrading the hall space (outside of the exhibtion halls) in the older section closer to the lrt? Admittedly I haven't been to the building in a few years but if things are still the same, I always found that space very congested. I always though they could widen sections of the corridor.

Attachments

• demo.jpg
    demo.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I wonder what they'll do with that entrance to the dome. Will they close it off or put in temporary stairs?
Looking at @Cyric 's first photo it looks as though they are going to leave the stairs just west of Olympic Way and the rest of the +15 so that everyone coming from the C-train and parking there are not having to cross at grade?

Yeah, I can't tell if the plan is to leave it up for the time being since you can see where they have installed a plywood wall but left the stairs open or if it is just a case of leaving worker access open for now. Eventually it will have to come down as I think the stairs would interfere with the footprint of the BMO expansion but they may not need that spot for a few years.

They will probably leave that part up since there are stairs, but the rest will be gone. I really wonder what the connection to the BMO Centre / Vic Park station will be like.

On a related note, the station is going to be really nice and modern, and will fit with the design of the new convention centre. No more flyovers or elevated connections. I've seen the plans.
Makes sense. With the new LRT station ingress/egress being at grade, there isn't much need for the flyover. I never liked it anyway, it was bulky and cold, and always smelled of cigarette smoke.

Back