BMO Centre Expansion | 25m | 5s | CMLC

A couple more pics

C122491D-0F4D-415A-8F66-E1B07476E346.jpeg
E5FBEDAE-78A8-4736-9C23-F1202F405142.jpeg

www.facebook.com/brian.gourdinne

Does anyone know by any chance what that copper like material will be? Prodema? Copper coloured aluminum panels?

Actual copper would oxidize, which is cool in moist climates, but turns into a dirty penny colour here. The Rocky Ridge YMCA looked amazing at first, now it looks kinda dingy.
I always thought it was the opposite, that copper in moist climates went green. When I see buildings like the parliament buildings in Ottawa or some of the buildings in places like NYC, they are greener than green.

I always thought it was the opposite, that copper in moist climates went green. When I see buildings like the parliament buildings in Ottawa or some of the buildings in places like NYC, they are greener than green.
That is correct. Moisture and heat speed up the patina process. Cool and dry is where it is the slowest and hot and humid is the quickest. A copper roof in a place like Miami would turn green very quickly. Calgary is actually a pretty decent place for maintaining the copper color, and the patina can be taken off periodically to get the copper color. There's a church up in Renfrew that overlooks Bridgeland and the copper roof that has maintained its copper look for years. I believe they've rubbed off the patina a couple of times, but the oxidization has been slow.

That's pretty much what I said. It will oxidize, but here it turns brown where in a moist climate it turns green. I'm pretty sure both are oxidization, just a slightly different chemical reaction based on water (especially salt water).

That's pretty much what I said. It will oxidize, but here it turns brown where in a moist climate it turns green. I'm pretty sure both are oxidization, just a slightly different chemical reaction based on water (especially salt water).
Yep it is exactly what you said. For some reason I also misread your post as you saying it would turn green here, but yes it would turn a dull light brown\greenish look.

Back