Votes: 3 9.1%
  • good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not so good

• Terrible

• Total voters
The design is differs greatly from the norm, and some will like it and some won't. I personally like it, and am glad to see something different for a change. Also as someone mentioned already, going along Deerfoot is northing but boring office/warehouse buildings that are as unoriginal as can be imagined. This'll be a breath of fresh air.

Far be it for me to say anything positive about sprawl. However, in this case the building is clearly placed next to the airport for strategic purposes. The area will never be anything other than a sprawling warehouse and office park district. The only interaction the public will have with this building is driving past it on the Deerfoot. I think it serves its purpose well. Sure, it's not original on the global architectural stage, but it is exceptional design for Calgary.
Maybe not celebrated on the international stage, but still outside of Calgary this building, if built as is, would still get some attention. Aside from the building, the setting is going to have some framing. When looking at it surrounded by prairie grass and with Nose Hill or the Rockies in the background, it's going to have a special look. I won't be surprised if it pops up in architectural mags and blogs, etc.. It already is nominated for an award at Architizer, so that's a good start.

Does anyone know anything about this company? They have a position open I'm extremely interested in, but with all the recent media attention they're getting, I'm worried about standing out in a plain online application process...

Does anyone know anything about this company? They have a position open I'm extremely interested in, but with all the recent media attention they're getting, I'm worried about standing out in a plain online application process...
I know several people working there. The product is a shelving system with integrated robotics. The robots climb the shelves to place items. The differentiator is spatial effeciency. The company's system can pack more storage into a given space.

It is growing fast and has several trial customers. Like any tech startup, success is far from guaranteed. The biggest warning sign should be the amount of government money it has attracted.

Hey everyone, loving the dialog on this thread! I've always seen value in architecture that generates discussion and stirs debate. Nothing worse than architectural apathy. As Alex_yyc mentioned, we're a finalist for the Architizer A+ Awards and we just found out that this project is also a finalist in this year's World Architecture Festival in Amsterdam! We hope you'll vote for us in the Architizer People's Choice Award for our category. Today is the last day of voting and it only takes a minute!

https://vote.architizer.com/PublicVoting#/2019/architecture/commercial/unbuilt-commercial

Thanks!

Done and done! Thanks for another amazing project, MoDA!

Also some more higher resolution renders ?

Attabotics1.jpg
Attabotics2.jpg
Attabotics3.jpg
Attabotics4.jpg
Attabotics5.png
Attabotics6.png
attabotics7.jpg

Hey everyone, loving the dialog on this thread! I've always seen value in architecture that generates discussion and stirs debate. Nothing worse than architectural apathy. As Alex_yyc mentioned, we're a finalist for the Architizer A+ Awards and we just found out that this project is also a finalist in this year's World Architecture Festival in Amsterdam! We hope you'll vote for us in the Architizer People's Choice Award for our category. Today is the last day of voting and it only takes a minute!

https://vote.architizer.com/PublicVoting#/2019/architecture/commercial/unbuilt-commercial

Thanks!
Voted!

I visited Attabotics today but they didn’t know where the model had been moved to. One interesting tidbit my contact gave me though was that the walls are supposed to be some kind of semi transparent plastic. He wasn’t sure how they would handle UV rays.

Back