Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I would describe most Sunterra foods as fine but not great.
Agreed. That describes all of the grocers that provide hot meals. Overall, they aren't great but nail it once in a while. I've been to other Sunterra's and they've had good food at times, average other times. Urban Fare has been average mot of the time, but a couple of times they've hit it out of he park.

Sunterra's to go meals look really great, but I find a lot of their items lack seasoning. Some salt could go a long way...!

My wife's an artist in the kitchen, which is great, but I find all of the places with hot meals to go, fairly average, but in a pinch they aren't too bad.

Looks like EV Superstore and Sunterra's got some new competition in town....
IMG_4529.JPG

H-mart is a mostly Korean products grocery store. It's a great place if you're looking of Korean products, and has some Chinese products as well, but probably won't be direct competition to Sunterra. Some competition, but I'm guessing H-Mart will be more of a destination store. This is a win win for the inner city.

Also, welcome to the forum @UnionStation_MLS
Looks like EV Superstore and Sunterra's got some new competition in town....View attachment 248008

Depending on the size, will be nice to have an alternative place for veggies, spices and sauces. The one in Westbrook is pretty good for a supplemental shop when you don't want to do to T&T.

I actually love the H-Mart in Edmonton. Great selection of unique culinary items for us canadians. And not super pricey! Also I just like the atmosphere more than T & T, though I will say it being far newer helps that. They have a great little ensemble of quick service restaurants attached to it too, which I imagine will also feature at this location. $5-$15 for lunch

H-mart is a mostly Korean products grocery store. It's a great place if you're looking of Korean products, and has some Chinese products as well, but probably won't be direct competition to Sunterra. Some competition, but I'm guessing H-Mart will be more of a destination store. This is a win win for the inner city.

Also, welcome to the forum @UnionStation_MLS

That’s awesome. A lot of people love Korean food, I’ll definitely be making more than a few trips.

This is great news! Great to see more ethnic shops opening in around the Downtown/Beltline area. Shops like this would give more of an incentive for minorities to relocate to the Core. We sure could use more ethnicities from different backgrounds in our core/inner city, especially from the Northeast. Whenever I ask my mom if she would be open to moving to the Beltline her replies always the same, "give me an Indian grocery store and a Sikh Temple and Im all in."' The Chinese community is fortunate in that aspect because they have Chinatown. Would be great to see more diverse communities coming in and sharing each others culture in the heart of our city instead of localizing themselves in the suburbs like most other Canadian cities. Shops like these aren't going to convince minorities to relocate overnight due to other social and economical barriers but it's a great start.

Back