Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Went today when passing through the area. It'll be interesting to see the impact of this store on the others in the inner city - I wouldn't be surprised if this pushes Sunterra and at least one Safeway out of business. It's bringing that ruthless Loblaw's market power into a bit of a sloppy inner city grocery scene. It was really good and as cheap as you'd think.

IMG_20200515_1408215.jpg

And guess what? Now complete with bike racks! ?

I checked out the store today as well. Happy that it brought all the positive Superstore aspects but I was disappointed to discover it's an urban Superstore in form only. I was really hoping they would give it a bit of an urban market spirit with a proper grab and go fresh prepared meals section but sadly it's still just a Superstore in that department.... Some sushi, a couple ham sandwiches and a handful of salads and that's about it. Opportunity missed if you ask me.

It was nice enough, but I’m not really impressed design wise. It’s definitely nice to have another urban format grocery store though, and the prices were mostly right. We are “becoming”.

41B0E627-F211-4142-A23A-0F9D0BB1C9FD.jpeg
88E54797-4242-40D1-BAE7-E4EE8BEA55B4.jpeg
93469431-C6E6-44C7-B384-8E479B35C652.jpeg
C57155BC-5D8C-4A41-A645-1E52E36C8359.jpeg
6F41AD8B-687A-47D8-89B8-B809DCDB6D60.jpeg

Went today when passing through the area. It'll be interesting to see the impact of this store on the others in the inner city - I wouldn't be surprised if this pushes Sunterra and at least one Safeway out of business. It's bringing that ruthless Loblaw's market power into a bit of a sloppy inner city grocery scene. It was really good and as cheap as you'd think.
Maybe Sunterra, (have never been impressed with that store) but there should be more than enough demand for the rest to survive.

S
Maybe Sunterra, (have never been impressed with that store) but there should be more than enough demand for the rest to survive.
Sunterra caters to a niche market. Lots of hot food to go, single servings, health food. Depends heavily on walk in traffic from the surrounding residential buildings.

I've bought hot food and groceries there a bunch of times, worked right by it for many years. The quality of their hot food and their groceries is poor, I've gotten food poisioning from there before too.

Bicycled there today to pick some stuff up and:

They moved their bike racks! They are now located in the appropriate edge of the roadway, you can even see the soon-to-be-forgotten holes where they used to be anchored. Perhaps yelling into the internet void yielded results to our public realm! ?

I've bought hot food and groceries there a bunch of times, worked right by it for many years. The quality of their hot food and their groceries is poor, I've gotten food poisioning from there before too.
I worked blocks away from the Keynote one for years as well and I'd share that same sediment.

Back