Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Cranes are mounted ib the best spot for range, containment and, lifting power. Sometimes it falls within the footprint. Sometimes it doesn't.

I would think the crane would be within the footprint of the tower or on the street to avoid loads over the operating retail podium

It's highly unlikely it's the final spot for the crane. It'll probably be moved and mounted somewhere closer to the tower.
Cranes are mounted ib the best spot for range, containment and, lifting power. Sometimes it falls within the footprint. Sometimes it doesn't.

I would think the crane would be within the footprint of the tower or on the street to avoid loads over the operating retail podium

It's obviously just being stored there or not related to tower construction.

99% sure the crane base was dropped off to that spot because it was easily accessible from the road. All crane bases get dropped off and mounted ahead of time. It'll be interesting to see where they mount it.

I had heard some rumors that at least one of the towers was going ahead, and was taking those rumors with a grain of salt. It might be pleasantly surprised here.

Here's another photo of the base of the crane...looks like something's brewing over there.

Cmmtl2R.jpg

This is hype if its moving ahead! Could an investment firm in rentals have possibly taken over? The location is great and I don't see it being hard to sell as condo units in the future once the economy picks up again. I don't see why it can't be rentals for the time being seeing how much money was already invested into the parkade.

So my friend that is working on the podium said that the crane base is up and will be fully erected by Monday. They are starting with 27 story it is a 100% go. Once 27 story tall tower is at 17 floors they will start erecting crane for 42 story tower. Keep in mind this is the same friend that said the West Village glass would arrive June 26th when in fact it was a lot later than that...

So my friend that is working on the podium said that the crane base is up and will be fully erected by Monday. They are starting with 27 story it is a 100% go. Once 27 story tall tower is at 17 floors they will start erecting crane for 42 story tower. Keep in mind this is the same friend that said the West Village glass would arrive June 26th when in fact it was a lot later than that...
You're friend was probably right about West Village Towers at the time, but as is so often the case in construction...things change. Hopefully he's right about this. Would be nice to see both towers done.

Are these going to be rentals then?

Back