Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
03B86F74-61E2-4889-BC5A-7F25DBBD8FFA.jpeg

96AA2117-0DB1-4E4B-BD04-52A43381B3E2.jpeg

Good god, what a piece of shit :/ At least the two south corners look nice enough.

How can a developer / designer not see how bad of an idea that is? On top of the mixed bag of faux wood paneling, those horrid spandrel sections on the north corners. What a missed opportunity for such a prominent location.

*faps myself to death at thought of a tower going ahead in the east village in this economy* ????☠

There is a base crane sitting on top of the roof on the east side that I don't think was there before. I had heard a rumour that that the crane was going up imminently and that the first tower was going ahead. Hopefully that is true.
Funny I was at the library on Thursday and saw the crane base. I was wondering why it was there. Thought maybe they hadn’t finished taking it down.

Typically cranes aren't installed inside the footprint of a tower except for very tall buildings like 'The One' in Toronto currently. This is a fair distance from the tower footprint for construction to occur.

Typically cranes aren't installed inside the footprint of a tower except for very tall buildings like 'The One' in Toronto currently. This is a fair distance from the tower footprint for construction to occur.

Not inside usually, but most often they're adjacent so they can be braced to the structure as it rises.

I wonder if the crane base is actually mounted? Maybe it's waiting to be mounted in its final spot.

That must be it. Probably waiting on the mobile crane to unload the other crane sections when delivered and move them into place. A crane over that double height section with just those angled columns under it seems too unusual.

That must be it. Probably waiting on the mobile crane to unload the other crane sections when delivered and move them into place. A crane over that double height section with just those angled columns under it seems too unusual.

If they are putting up another crane, the crane base will probably be moved. Where it's at now isn't a good spot for a crane. The fact that they dropped off a crane base at all is a good sign though, there's no other reason to drop one off unless they are starting something.

Back