Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Was at the Royal sales centre yesterday, and I think they were talking about it being a while before Arris - maybe even project in between Royal and Arris, but I could have heard wrong. Also, Embassy Bosa is merging into Bosa.
I wouldn't be too surprised about Arris being a while, amount of new units in EV is high. I recall hearing something about Bosa having another potential spot they were looking at which I'm trying to remember. I recall it being somewhere in the west end of the Beltline, but can't remember exactly where.

They have (had?) a huge project in Currie Barracks as well. If I remember the DP correctly, over 500 units and lots of retail. Tower was going to be around 30 stories, as well as multiple 4 storey buildings as well. Not sure what the status of that one is. There are still a couple of renderings of it on their website, but it says "coming soon".
http://www.embassybosa.com/projects-all/#page-image6

Hi Group,
Embassy - Bossa? I thought they were all 0ne Company. Didn't realize they were Merging.
Tnx,
Operater,

Embassy Bosa is different than Bosa Properties, which is different than BlueSky Properties which is different again from Bosa Development and APPIA.

These companies are all headed by different members of the Bosa Family, they are all well established and respected in the biz however compete in different markets and different projects.

In this case this project is headed up by Ryan Bosa with Embassy Bosa which is also doing Mount Royal Village, along with Fuse and Pulse. Axxis which is in the west downtown district was completed by Bosa Development Corp headed by Nat Bosa.

Was at the Royal sales centre yesterday, and I think they were talking about it being a while before Arris - maybe even project in between Royal and Arris, but I could have heard wrong. Also, Embassy Bosa is merging into Bosa.
Good, Arris is boring architecturally and with some time maybe it'll get a redesign.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who finds the design on the bland side. On its own it's okay, but in EV it simply blends, and is unremarkable around the other towers. It also makes the other towers less remarkable. I hope it does see some kind of re-design.
Good, Arris is boring architecturally and with some time maybe it'll get a redesign.
Unfortunately redesigns in this economy are usually driven by cost, not quality. I do agree with you that it's rather boring architecturally.

Unfortunately redesigns in this economy are usually driven by cost, not quality. I do agree with you that it's rather boring architecturally.

I'd say in this economy the design is more important for sales, whereas in a strong economy they'll sell no matter what. So I now feel worse, as by the time they move on construction the economy will likely be stronger and there will be less incentive. Only hope is it's a long enough time period that internal tastes change or demand for different unit layouts/sizes forces some change.

Back