Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
do we have the 24fl building now? 41fl to come?

9AF52BFC-4EF9-49E0-8226-2C6ED7208185.jpeg

Agreed. At this point, I don't even mind some short towers in the 10-15 story range, as long as the podiums are well designed. The sooner East village gets completed, the sooner we can shift our undivided attention to Victoria Park as the next hub.

Do we know what happened to the Fram+ Slokker site? a new developer was supposed to be announced by CMLC

EDIT: oh nvm, just saw that in the tweet it mentions agreements still underway. One would think it would be finalized by now since they've first mentioned it about a year or so ago.

Last edited:
Wow this is astounding… really.

Three major residential towers starting construction within the next several months, Oliver West at 121 meters, Two Park Central at 134 meters, and now the tallest of them all - fifth tallest residential tower in the city - Arris West at 142 meters. Wowzers.

This will be the tower that connects the EV skyline to the core skyline from northeast and north views 🤩

Wow this is astounding… really.

Three major residential towers starting construction within the next several months, Oliver West at 121 meters, Two Park Central at 134 meters, and now the tallest of them all - fifth tallest residential tower in the city - Arris West at 142 meters. Wowzers.

This will be the tower that connects the EV skyline to the core skyline from northeast and north views 🤩
Yeah. Full steam ahead even though the apartment vacancy rate in the core is hovering around 10% and that is before Curtis Block, West Village, 11 & 11th, Dominion 1, The Bridges, Steps and a couple of others hit the market.

Yeah. Full steam ahead even though the apartment vacancy rate in the core is hovering around 10% and that is before Curtis Block, West Village, Oliver Ph and a couple of others hit the market.
I'm happy these are going ahead, but I'm also surprised. The vacancy rate in the Beltline was lower a few years back when Curtis Block and others were going ahead. Is it because it's so cheap to borrow money? Are developers hedging their bets on Calgary's long term outlook?

I'm happy these are going ahead, but I'm also surprised. The vacancy rate in the Beltline was lower a few years back when Curtis Block and others were going ahead. Is it because it's so cheap to borrow money? Are developers hedging their bets on Calgary's long term outlook?
It was 3.4% last year. I’m sure the vacancy rate will go back down markedly as things reopen. A lot of people were evicted/had to move home after they lost their jobs in the virus shutdown.

Back