Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Ugh yup that’s the one...that would have been stunning driving over the 4th ave flyover. Instead we are getting this pile of shit.

Correct, though there were a few floors of office above in glass that could have been extended into towers quite easily. Makes no sense why they switched to what we got.

I found it on Surreal’s flicker a while back and posted it in #503 if anyone wants to see it again. If anyone suffers or is at risk of depression I suggest you don’t click this link.

https://skyrisecities.com/forum/thr...a-amanat-architect.24469/page-34#post-1433180

That would have been sooo much better! I guess in this climate we should be happy that it won’t remain an unfinished bunker, but even my wife who’s not big into architecture commented that it looks dated. I think that’s being kind. Overall at least the East Village got two incredible projects in the library and music centre. The Simmons building, M2 and Alt also turned out nicely.The first residential projects were decent with only the Hat being atrociously bad. Hopefully this project will just fade into the urban fabric. It sucks though that the gateway into downtown and EV will feature such a mediocre mish mash.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's like a 25 minute walk from Rogers Place, in what is supposedly their most densely populated and urban neighbourhood (Oliver)

Just yikes ? ?

22E40057-38D9-4062-A6F1-59BE29EEEC13.jpeg

I'm still holding out judgement on the tower portion until there's more exterior finished. One thing for sure the color is different than the other EV towers, and might not look too bad. in the end.

I'm curious to see how it looks in sunlight, especially morning or evening light. Could look really good.

Slight changes in tone can make such a difference. If this was less gray, it would be Live on Park. slightly lighter and it would be Union Square as you mentioned. Less blue and it would be The Royal.

Also curious about how sunlight will play off this. I'll say this though, I think there are almost too many material expressions, and self defeating panel orientations at the base. I'll reserve opinion on the tower also, for now. My other issue with the podium is sheer mass and wall. There are a few permeable moments. Also, I would have liked to see the tower portion float more over the podium. The way It comes down to the ped. level kind of belies it's mass. There could have been a great opportunity mass the podium as though it were various slices of topography, that could have made the podium "breathe" a little.

The spandrel matches the glass, so at least we're not getting Cidex'd.

That light wood coloured section with one screen on it - figure it'll be completely covered in screen, or store signage on the rest of it? You can see attachment brackets to the right of the current screen.

Back