Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Yeah I actually like the design of Ink a lot, it’s the cheap spandrel I don’t like. If there was more clear glass and only spots of coloured spandrel I would like it more. If they duplicated “Colours Condo” I would be much happier.
I find that INK has a pretty good amount of glass. The north, west, and south sides are paneled with about 75% vision glass. The East side is about 60% spandrel....not sure why it's different, but maybe it's so they could offer some suites with less glass, as some owners actually prefer less. Overall though the building probably has as much or more vision glass than about 80% of the condos out there.

I find that INK has a pretty good amount of glass. The north, west, and south sides are paneled with about 75% vision glass. The East side is about 60% spandrel....not sure why it's different, but maybe it's so they could offer some suites with less glass, as some owners actually prefer less. Overall though the building probably has as much or more vision glass than about 80% of the condos out there.

I wonder if the reduced glazing had anything to do with the energy codes. You'd think the north face would be the most culprit, but perhaps the economics of keeping the river views forced the east side to be reduced.

I haven't even considered the amount of glass. The crown looks cheap. The window wall/railings don't have that higher end impression either. The spandrel used as the focus of the development is my biggest beef. It's an interesting idea but, it doesn't work here. Ink's spandrel is used to fill gaps and hide structural and mechanical systems. It's strictly utilitarian. It's not pretty . It's not something you should ever highlight.

This is starting back up again. Bosa is switching one of the towers to rental.
As far as I know, purpose rental is outside Bosa's core competence. They must be building it for someone else. If it is going to become yet another rental project (on top of the thousands of units under construction), then that is not a sign of confidence for the inner city condo market. They must be thinking it is not worth launching as their next condo project.

nice to see the ev keep rolling. guess this makes sense with the royal winding down over the next few months.

I hope they start with the taller tower first.

I'm pretty sure it's the shorter tower going ahead, so wouldn't get your hopes up. Either way, this makes sense given that it'll be on top of the most amenity-rich single city block in the entire city. If it were me, I'd build the taller one first as well. Fortune rewards the bold.

I’m guessing they are going to do what she is going to do for dominion and build it, develop it but then handed over to some other company to rent it out. The condo market as far as high rise buildings go, is very flat. Smaller condo projects in good locations are still OK, and can sell units but high-rise towers are a very tough go.
As far as I know, purpose rental is outside Bosa's core competence. They must be building it for someone else. If it is going to become yet another rental project (on top of the thousands of units under construction), then that is not a sign of confidence for the inner city condo market. They must be thinking it is not worth launching as their next condo project.

I'm pretty sure it's the shorter tower going ahead, so wouldn't get your hopes up. Either way, this makes sense given that it'll be on top of the most amenity-rich single city block in the entire city. If it were me, I'd build the taller one first as well. Fortune rewards the bold.
Even if its the smaller tower going up, its still great news considering before, it seemed like the project was gonna stagnate until the end of this year. This way, there's at least something going up.

Back