Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
20220817_203416.jpg
20220817_204537.jpg
20220817_204824.jpg
20220817_210023.jpg

I mean I see this and think, okay now do one with a theatre and Rec Room in the podium and put it in the C+E or west end of 17th.
Arris does have some very nice common area facilities for residents, located on the 3rd floor, including common lounge rooms, outdoor green space, study rooms, a full gym and an indoor pool. (Most of that was completed and opened back in 2021).

I do wish there was a restaurant or two in the building. Once this west tower is complete, it will be interesting to see what businesses are attracted to the retail space on the west end of the block.

This is very well suited to East Village and will probably be a big help for the other developments (whenever there are other developments). So weird that other parts of downtown are picking back up by the EV sits idle. I actually don't know of a 'perfect spot' for the theatre/major games/condo development... Maybe where Orchard was going?

Last edited:
Something that struck me about the Super Store when I went in there is that it wasn’t very well set up for condo dwellers. There wasn’t really a decent hot food table that I could remember, I don’t remember a proper deli, and the bakery only had pre-packaged baked goods. Single people or couples need better options than buying such bulk quantities.

Something that struck me about the Super Store when I went in there is that it wasn’t very well set up for condo dwellers. There wasn’t really a decent hot food table that I could remember, I don’t remember a proper deli, and the bakery only had pre-packaged baked goods. Single people or couples need better options than buying such bulk quantities.
This is afaik the first Superstore in this format, so I'm hopeful that they can/will change a few things around later. The Urban Fare at mount royal west is better in this regard

Bosa wasn't entirely pleased with Loblaw's changing formats, as Bosa was trying to originally market this as a premium condo.
I believe Loblaws felt the premium grocer was saturated already with blush lane in Bridgeland bite in inglewood and sunterra in Victoria Park, add in urban fair and they felt like superstore could be beneficial for the core.
I do agree with the comments on pre-made food but I do still shop exclusively at this superstore, making due.

Back