Archer | 17.98m | 5s | Truman | S2

This is a nice little building. Any word on whether there has been progress toward getting built?

Construction fencing is up, demolition permit is in place, and the garages of the old SFH's were taken down today. Only sign of the previous renters is an empty case of Old Milwaukee on the front porch.

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3026-2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3016.jpg
    IMG_3016.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_3026-2.jpg
    IMG_3026-2.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 758
I'm excited to see this one going ahead now.

Can someone explain why Minto (Annex) and Graywood (Theodore) are hedging on starting construction until they get to a pre-sale target, but Anthem (Memorial) and Truman (Archer) are going ahead without even setting up a sales centre? Differences in capital structure? Just different risk tolerance? They all seem like similar projects targeted at a similar market.

I'm not sure. Truman's project on 17th was going to be condo and was changed to rental, maybe they are going this route. Companies definitely take a different approach to risk. Minto probably has the deepest pockets of those 4 developers, but have always been cautious from what I've heard. Some companies like to jump on the opportunity.

Still surprising to me see to see so much new infill being built given our subdued economy. Was casually townhouse shopping in Killarney last week and so much new townhouses/duplexes out there. One thing for sure - we won't be experiencing any inner-city housing shortages anytime soon.

Back