Annex | 29.87m | 9s | Minto Group | Nyhoff Architecture

A dynamite site, scale and neighbourhood. Hillhurst-Sunnyside remains one of our best - and only - mid-rise/mixed use neighbourhood, this kind of project can only improve it further. Glad this one has life!
Mission is right up there in the low/mid rise mix also, but Hillhurst Sunnyside is probably the best example of it. One of the things that I've enjoyed watching this last decade or so is the growth of Calgary's inner city neighborhoods. They've all been growing at a good steady pace, and gentrification issues aside, would say all the changes have been positive.

Mission is right up there in the low/mid rise mix also, but Hillhurst Sunnyside is probably the best example of it. One of the things that I've enjoyed watching this last decade or so is the growth of Calgary's inner city neighborhoods. They've all been growing at a good steady pace, and gentrification issues aside, would say all the changes have been positive.

Agreed. Now if we could only build more than one mid-rise district before running into a vibrancy-killing, river, expressway or development-blocked wealthy neighbourhood (e.g. Mount Royal, Rosedale, Roxboro) we would be getting somewhere! I have big long-term hopes for upper 17th Ave & the whole north-central swath of the city in the coming decades to take a crack at that dream :)

does anyone know whats happening with the Minto project in Bridgeland(13s)? Sort of was hoping that one would happen first.

That was the plan originally, not sure why they changed it, other than the Bridgeland one was over the height limit for its location and maybe they felt the Sunnyside one would be easier.

does anyone know whats happening with the Minto project in Bridgeland(13s)? Sort of was hoping that one would happen first.
It was all set to start construction last fall. Then in late summer they announced to their suppliers that it was being put on hold because of economic conditions. I have heard nothing more since

Got an email from Minto that said this:
The Next You...is at The Annex
The next phase of your life, right in the heart of Kensington! Opening Spring of 2018.
The Annex features nine floors of exceptionally designed one and two bedroom condos, ranging from 484 Sq.Ft. to 1100 Sq.Ft., as well as an exclusive rooftop patio, complete with barbeques, a fireplace and lounge areas. Living at The Annex means you'll have easy access to transit, YYC's extensive cycling, walking paths and Kensington's vibrant businesses and events!
To learn more, visit theannexkensington.com or email us at theannex@minto.com

From what I can tell, it means that they are opening the presentation centre soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email from Minto that said this:
The Next You...is at The Annex
The next phase of your life, right in the heart of Kensington! Opening Spring of 2018.
The Annex features nine floors of exceptionally designed one and two bedroom condos, ranging from 484 Sq.Ft. to 1100 Sq.Ft., as well as an exclusive rooftop patio, complete with barbeques, a fireplace and lounge areas. Living at The Annex means you'll have easy access to transit, YYC's extensive cycling, walking paths and Kensington's vibrant businesses and events!
To learn more, visit theannexkensington.com or email us at theannex@minto.com

From what I can tell, it means that they are opening the presentation centre soon.

You should fix the links - I assume they're going to your employer's portal right now.

Other than that, pretty excited to see more stuff go ahead in Kensington!

Prices & floor plans look good on this one. I don't see anything about parking however. Does anyone know if there is/isn't, relaxed or not?

Back