Annex | 29.87m | 9s | Minto Group | Nyhoff Architecture

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
9 storey, 104 unit residential building proposed by Minto Group, for Calgary's Sunnyside neighbourhood has been approved.

37024-124114.jpg

Minot-sunnside.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like I've seen this one before. Is it something that was in the General Construction discussion thread before? Either way. I recall liking it, and I still do. It's another great one with the perfect scale for the area.

I've seen this one too, it must've been in the construction thread, because I know I've seen it already somewhere on here.
It's a nice little development that has a decent chance of going ahead even in the downturn, if times were good this would go ahead for sure.

This is the first time I've seen it, and I like it. kind of blah but the scale is really what that location is looking for.

It's too bad that this one doesn't work to expand the retail area of Kensington on to 9 Street. I think this would look pretty cool with a cafe or two right along the Bow to Bluffs linear park that is going to be built alongside the LRT tracks.

Reactions: AJX
It's too bad that this one doesn't work to expand the retail area of Kensington on to 9 Street. I think this would look pretty cool with a cafe or two right along the Bow to Bluffs linear park that is going to be built alongside the LRT tracks.

When this parcel gets developed perhaps they can have retail along 2nd as well as a corner restaurant that has a patio that faces the pathway.

Image16.jpg

Attachments

• Image16.jpg
    Image16.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,503
I think Battistella, MoDA, or Knightsbridge could pull it off easily, and if it's going to be done like that anywhere in this city, Kensington is the perfect place for the experiment.

^killer idea, and something you'd see in other cool cities, not sure Calgary could pull that off. I would be all for that.
It can be done so long as someone shows a developer and the city the vision.
It's a great idea having a restaurant on the corner where the entrance is on second street but the patio faces the train and walkway. Very cool. And I think the residents of Sunnyside wouldn't oppose that either.
Who owns that piece of land?

It can be done so long as someone shows a developer and the city the vision.
It's a great idea having a restaurant on the corner where the entrance is on second street but the patio faces the train and walkway. Very cool. And I think the residents of Sunnyside wouldn't oppose that either.
Who owns that piece of land?
Battistella, seems the most likely to pull something like that off. They have always been ahead of the curve.

I've noticed all but one of the properties for this project have been demolished. It looks like the remaining house might be a show suite.

It looks like it may have already launched and we didn't hear about it. Next time I'm down in Kensington I'll take a look at the house to see if it is a sales centre.

Back