Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Currently under construction

2022-08-17_22-13-33.jpg
2022-08-17_22-12-47.jpg
2022-08-17_22-12-00.jpg

🤢 mmmmmluuurp.

Curry was supposed to be an urban development! That’s what they sold it to the public as at least. Bleh. This is the same garbage - with a couple storeys tacked on top - they have in Panorama! 🤬

Note to developers: CARS CAN PARK IN THE BACK. The people in climate controlled, rolling boxes of metal can walk an extra 50 feet to a door. Pedestrian priority is what matters, the end.

Looks like a project from 2004.
The target audience thinks its an exciting, modern design. BOOMERS.

The street presence of this development is very 'business park'. As long as the reserve army unit stays in Currie the urban feel will not exist. Maybe the central parcel and the redevelopment of the piece where Wild Rose is will change that, but I don't have high hopes.

Filling in the emptiness is something of a win though.

With Crowchild and that crazy multi faceted roundabout, the Currie Barracks area, is already cut off from the inner city mojo that Marda Loop has, and has a suburban feel to it. This area could just as easily be transplanted to Midnapore and nobody would notice.

Having to drive that awful interchange almost daily, let me tell you, someone should've been fired for allowing it to go forward. Its a key lesson that I hope the city learns before doing something similar near University Drive, 16th and Crow. Someone thought they were just so clever.

(Edit: all in all, it's a weird area. There's a military museum in a community, a reserve base as a gateway to a community, a vibrant brewery beside a movie studio storage lot, all accessed by a three-roundabout interchange and its all supposed to be some exciting urban village. I'm a cheerleader for Currie and the surrounding whatever but I don't see how it gets pulled off.)

Last edited:

Back