Votes: 18 50.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
He is a real estate agent/broker afterall. I will say he has proven himself to have high standards with fashionable design of the time. I don't know what happened here. I'm not going to conclude these changes from rendering to reality were his choices or if he even had a say on the matter. He is just a real estate agent/broker afterall.

Yeah this building is a failure from start to finish. I hope Lamb stays away from Calgary. I can only imagine the debacle that the Orchard will become if it actually starts. I'll take this one just to say we have a "lamb" tower in Calgary, but highly disappointed in it. I expected better execution. It had a lot of potential to be a stunner but ended up a drunk mess.

The massive delays just proved that he gives two shits about the purchaser and what their situation is. And I get that when you buy unbuilt, there will be delays and it is a risk the purchaser takes. But when the developer tells you "construction will start in three months" when you purchase in 2013, and then continue to say the exact same thing when you ask every three months for two years straight, that's complete horseshit.

He's not the developer. He's just the marketing department. It's not up to him. He may not be given the right information either.

That said. Stay away from Lamb developments and don't take him at his word.

He's not the developer. He's just the marketing department. It's not up to him. He may not be given the right information either.

That said. Stay away from Lamb developments and don't take him at his word.
On the contrary, Lamb is the developer. He used Fortress Capital to raise investment money but otherwise this is his project. If I recall, the promises made of return on investment was in the neighbourhood of 8% per year plus there were some bonus clauses. I would not be surprised if the $5 million he took back, was used to pay off interest to investors. Given the long delay in completion, this would have been hefty.

There are always other players with Lamb. Neither Fortress or Lamb have any development experience.

^ I find, that almost always the lobbies and hallways look wider in the renderings. This seems to be the case for every building up there and I've seen.

I had my walkthrough on Saturday. Aside from the whole construction process delays and shitshow, I think this building will still be good quality in the end. My unit had only minor deficiencies, nothing that is making me rip my hairs out. Impressed with the size of the balcony and overall the look and feel of my unit. Garbage chute on every floor, pretty standard but I am currently living in a new building that doesn't have this so it is awesome to me.

The front lobby is about a third the size that it looks like in the renders, basically a narrow hallway with concierge desk at the entrance. The finishes however do look very nice IMO, although a bit still under construction. I managed to take a walk through the amenity floor as well, still under construction. Again, more narrow than in renders but is very long and the finished touches are looking good. The outside amenity terrace is really nice and pool seems like it will be larger than I thought. Am also told will be a heated pool so that is nice. Fitness room is a good size as well.

Let us know when we can come over for beers.

Passed by along 12th Ave. this morning, and a tower looks really good from that side. No pics unfortunately due to my driving but I'll try and get some later this afternoon.

^^Could be the case. They haven't painted any more of the top balconies and continue to work upwards on the other ones.

2017 July 1 087.JPG
2017 July 1 089.JPG

Attachments

• 2017 July 1 087.JPG
    2017 July 1 087.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 407
  • 2017 July 1 089.JPG
    2017 July 1 089.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 454
Reactions: AJX
2017 July 17 036.JPG
2017 July 17 038.JPG