Votes: 18 50.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Nice to see the glazing almost finished on the west side of the building.
2017 June 12 046.JPG
2017 June 12 047.JPG
2017 June 12 048.JPG
2017 June 12 052.JPG

Attachments

• 2017 June 12 046.JPG
    2017 June 12 046.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 357
  • 2017 June 12 047.JPG
    2017 June 12 047.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 313
  • 2017 June 12 048.JPG
    2017 June 12 048.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 279
  • 2017 June 12 052.JPG
    2017 June 12 052.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 287
Sigh...what could have been. So many small things driving me nuts about this one. Value engineering at its best.

Agreed, I think this one is probably the coolest condo tower over 100 meters in the province now. Actually, it definitely is, in my opinion.

It looks so much better from the south side, especially with the under portion of the balconies painted bright white.

I actually like it from all angles. One of its main attractions to me is that it looks different on every face. My favourite is the north face, then the south, then west, then east. :)

I agree this is a disappointment from the rendering which had a much better balance between white and black. The actual tower is a bland, dark box and the little bit of white spandrel is just odd.

Key points to value engineering

-less glass than proposed
-no white aluminum cladding ... all black
-balconies are clear glass instead of white fritted glass
-mechanical penthouse is cheaply finished instead of cladding in a white aluminum

Is it value engineering? Changing colors should not affect the price. It's not for sure that the balconies were ever supposed to be fritted, the renderings make it look that way, but in some angles they look transparent. The amount of glass looks slightly less, but mostly the same as the rendering to me.

The penthouse between vision and reality is certainly cheaper. The rest we can only speculate. The white adds another layer to the design. We can't dismiss that different colours are often priced differently. (although I see your point with the aluminum panels.)

I agree with everything maestro said. That blob of white spandrel at the top of the east side is weird looking as it doesn't have any symmetrical quality.

Good morning, to those who have been looking forward to this building going up. Unfortunately, I hate to be the one to break the bad news.. but, for waiting so long for this building to go up, there has been nothing but lies from sales reps and head office regarding move in dates ect. since the beginning of pre-sales. Value Engineering? Yes, of course they did. Renderings look different completely as they cheap out on the glass, which was suppose to have floor to ceiling on the west side that I've noticed. I have been informed and have had inside knowledge during the process; LAMB is hard to work with. So many delays, due to the fact of Lamb not paying SCOTT workers/contractors on time. On top of that, he took a 50M original cost of the building and decided to cut 5M into the building. So Value Engineering? YES. Elevators apparently don't even have a readable indicator to let you know which floor your stopping on, as well the elevators were again cheap out on the speed of them, so expect a slower elevator from what I'm told. Amenities such as gym, lobby, hall ways ect. are also on that $5M dollar cut that Lamb saved, which goes into effect on all of that. One more thing, for this being his first project in Calgary... how unfair is it that LAMB takes back $5M on this project but all the upgrades you had to do for 6th and tenth are all included in the "orchard" project. Take a look at their showroom, the upgraded hardwood at 6th and tenth is free at the orchard units. Anyways, I had to let this off my chest.. you pay so much and you should get exactly what you paid for. GOOD DAY!

Last edited:
Oh also, the real reason for delay to begin with while digging up, apparently on site they found human remains from years ago. So CPS had to do an investigation on that part. Try and not get spooked out in the parkade by accident. Just a warning lol ;)

Last edited:

Back