Munro | 26m | 7s | Calgary Co-op | NORR

Hi Group,
I Notice Co-op is Starting to Redevelope various Store Sites. I do believe there is Room for improvements but that is just my own views. Their Site on the East Belt has Been Vacant for a While. Will B interested to See what Finally goes in on that Site.

Tnx,
Operater.

The east beltline location is no longer owned by co-op. Currently, this is proposed for the west half of the block, by Wexford Developments:
http://wexforddevelopments.com/location/beltline/

Not too bad...

Beltline-Rendering.jpg

Beltline-Rendering-2.jpg

Beltline-Rendering-3.jpg

Hi Group,
I didn't Know that Co-op had Sold the Land. Its Been a While.. When it comes Time to Build the Gas Station Site Part will need a Large Clean Up of Sorts, That will B Expensive.

Tnx,
Operater.

Last edited:
I'm going to take a bit of a contrarian approach here and say its not bad for the site. It's a very hairy location. Naturally, I think this is a hotel location more than rental housing. Interaction with the street I personally think is a pretty low priority here. This is a thoroughfare and should be commodity retail at best.

Some Co-op updates on their $1.25 billion investment into mixed-use developments in the coming years :
This development will have 115 units, office space, and retail as well. This development will have 4 phases completed over 5 years. Phase 1 should be completed by late 2020.

From the City of Calgary FAQ page on this development:

Are the developers taking a phased approach to development?
Yes, the development is proposed to incorporate several phases:
The first phase involves the construction of a new gas bar at the Far East end of the site.
Phase two involved the demolition of the existing gas bar and office building, followed by construction of a mixed-use building including the new Co-op grocery store and 115 residential units.
Phase three will include the demolition of the existing Co-op store and the construction of a new car wash.
The final phase involved the construction of a new office building and liquor store.

Thanks for the update. Even though the design of the buildings isn't much to write home about, it'll be nice to see this get done. This and Mountview village will add some good density to the area. Both can leverage the BRT and Nose Creek bike path.

Back