West Tenth 1400 | 24m | 7s | Trimount

Correct. I can't remember if there is a bit of surface parking behind the building, close to the train tracks, but there isn't any fronting 10th Ave. There is a surface lot on the west side of the parcel however, as seen in the rendering, butting up against (and high above) 14th Street. This is due to a significant utility ROW on this portion of the lands, preventing any sort of building from occurring there. Basically all that can be built is a surface lot. Here is a screen shot showing the storm line running through this parcel:

1632495159957.png

I don’t think there’s parking in front. That’s across the street in the artist rendering.

Just glad it’s not easy trim or some type of plastic siding product but the architect sure laid down easy.
I think you’re right! The foreground is definitely the parking lot of the former lighting store across the road. I thought what is 10th Ave in the rendering was some sort of internal road. I was worried they were effectively proposing to build the equivalent of a Holiday Inn in the side of a highway.

The ground floor massing effect on this is gonna be way worse than having two towers. I'm just thinking of how bad The Metropolitan looks because of how it continuously spans a whole block. Some breakage and height variation would have helped. I get it's a crappy site but that doesn't mean developers should get away with the sloppy designs. If a primarily suburban developer like Truman can build some nice midrises in the suburbs, what's this developer's excuse?

I hate this development, but it’s great that it’s finally happening. Wow indeed.

This looks like a full block of Irvine in Inglewood, copy and pasted over and over.

Basically 6-stories and a full block of this:
It's not going to be a nice looking project going by the rendering, but this is one of those cases where I'm happy to see it built. The lot it's being built on is one of the most undesirable places in the city to build something residential. I'm shocked someone's building there, and will take it as a win.

Back