1216 8th Street | 85.04m | 25s | Great West Life | Zeidler

JonnyCanuck

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about a 130 unit residential project somewhere on 8 St SW that GWL Realty is planning?

Does anyone know anything about a 130 unit residential project somewhere on 8 St SW that GWL Realty is planning?
Not a lot of info on it so far, but it's slated for this location across from the CBE building. I looked at the DP some time ago, and it's 25 storeys/85 metres. Pretty average looking tower...almost a carbon copy of Genco's Myraid proposal.

Last edited:
Thanks. That location makes sense. Single story retail looks out of place for that block. Apparently a building permit application was filed in November for this project.

That would be a great place for a tower that size. I recall there was also retail at grade, so they don't lose any retail out of it.

This area of 8th could use some additional people along it. With Redstone, it should become more lively. Hopefully trigger the city to look at some of the excessively thin sidewalks along 8th...

This area of 8th could use some additional people along it. With Redstone, it should become more lively. Hopefully trigger the city to look at some of the excessively thin sidewalks along 8th...

There is a plan to spruce up 8th street. Not sure where it's at these days, but it does involve improving those crummy sidewalks that are all different widths.

The 8th street SW Master Plan is complete. More information here:

Hi,
I have been Following this Topic Off/On as i know the Areas from when I worked as a Courier.Just trying to figure out which side of 8th St S W this Project will B on.The Only Side I Know
is between 13th Ave and 16th Ave on the West Side; 25 Floors is High, Are There Any Renderings of the Project Off Hand? Tnx for any Updates.

The project is on the east side of 8th Street, on the north side of 13th Avenue. No public renderings available that I am aware of.

Hi,
I have been Following this Topic Off/On as i know the Areas from when I worked as a Courier.Just trying to figure out which side of 8th St S W this Project will B on.The Only Side I Know
is between 13th Ave and 16th Ave on the West Side; 25 Floors is High, Are There Any Renderings of the Project Off Hand? Tnx for any Updates.
No public renderings. I took a look at it down at City Hall a while back. It's very similar to Genco's Myriad proposal

Hi,
Good to see you operater, we've been wondering where you were for a while.

Hi All,
There is ALSO the west side of 8th St S.W. That Area has a Convience Store
plus there was a Drug STORE in the Areas of 16/8th St. SW, now Closed.My
Question is What Happens to this Prime Dvlpmnt Areas. Is it now part of the
Redevelopment Across the St from MRV.. Just Wondering.Tnx.

Hi,
That Project on 8th St SW East Side. Its Been a While Since I have Been in
DT/Belt Line. there Used to B a Gas Station next to 1210 8th St, SW. Take it
that this is the Ares Reffered to - Tnx.

Back