• So so

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Not very good

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ITC built 6th and Tenth....

One of the biggest disappointments is the water feature at the street level, which most likely will never be turned on. I don't know if it was Lamb or ITC's call but apparently, at the last minute, the control panel for the water feature was moved under the rain catch, where if ever turned on and gets water damage would be like a $100K+ repair.

ITC built 6th and Tenth....

One of the biggest disappointments is the water feature at the street level, which most likely will never be turned on. I don't know if it was Lamb or ITC's call but apparently, at the last minute, the control panel for the water feature was moved under the rain catch, where if ever turned on and gets water damage would be like a $100K+ repair.

Scott Builders was the Construction Manager, not ITC

In all fairness the progress has been slow. I don’t think anyone’s laying blame on anyone, I’m sure there’s varying factors. The Royal Took a while to get going also, they had some problems with ground water.
Its awesome how all of you can sit at your desks making assumptions like this on a project you have absolutely no idea what is going on.
I thought this site was better than that but if all you can do is ridicule its not worth my time. I think you all need to get a life outside of your bubbles

1591924712134.jpeg

Speak of the devil. Two years later and we are at two floors. Thank god it’s still moving along at least.

You know what, to be fair, a lot of people may not know but architects continuously change the structural/architectural drawings while construction is ongoing. Like the building Im working on in Vancouver is at 44 storeys now but we don't even have the finalized drawings from floors 50-56. The other office tower under construction next my building had the same issue, it stalled on parkade for months due to insufficient finalized drawings but once the building reached ground level it took off. Im assuming something similar may be going on here. The construction industry in general is a gong show with horrible organization.

Its awesome how all of you can sit at your desks making assumptions like this on a project you have absolutely no idea what is going on.
I thought this site was better than that but if all you can do is ridicule its not worth my time. I think you all need to get a life outside of your bubbles
I'm sure there's lots going on that people here don't know about. We only see the building rising from an outside view, and it has been slow going, but nobody knows why, only the progress we can see. Like Surrealplaces said, the Royal took a long time to get going because of some water issue. I don't think anyone's implying that the workers at 11th & 11th are lazy or incompetent.

Fair enough. Removing 6 months from my statement still makes the current progress funny.

You know what, to be fair, a lot of people may not know but architects continuously change the structural/architectural drawings while construction is ongoing. Like the building Im working on in Vancouver is at 44 storeys now but we don't even have the finalized drawings from floors 50-56. The other office tower under construction next my building had the same issue, it stalled on parkade for months due to insufficient finalized drawings but once the building reached ground level it took off. Im assuming something similar may be going on here. The construction industry in general is a gong show with horrible organization.
A building in Vancouver that's going up to 56 floors? you mean in Burnaby?

A building in Vancouver that's going up to 56 floors? you mean in Burnaby?
No Burrard place. It’s advertised as 54 but with the core extended alongside the structural roof it’ll be 56 storeys based on the blueprints.

Back