Votes: 13 15.9%
  • So so

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Not very good

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think Calgary will grow by about 20k this year.
I like your optimism, but I'm going to guess around 14-15K Intl immigration and natural increase will be about the same, but the net migration loss that we were getting has slowed down a fair bit. It's slowed down but it's still there.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys, but I'm curious to what you're basing your guesses on?

Hi Group.

If there are a Lot of Intl Immigrants Coming to this City, are a Lot of Them Not ending Up in the North East Areas of the City? Can't see Them Moving into High Rise Condos/Apts. When Its Easier to have 2 or 3 Families Crowding into a House of Sorts? - Family. Parents, Grand Parents etc. Just an Observation When I Worked in Courier Land Years Back.I saw Families Crowding Into Houses and what Have You.
Tnx,
Operater

I see a large number of new immigrsants in the west end of the Beltline these days. I suspect many of them are living in high-rises.
Hi Group.

If there are a Lot of Intl Immigrants Coming to this City, are a Lot of Them Not ending Up in the North East Areas of the City? Can't see Them Moving into High Rise Condos/Apts. When Its Easier to have 2 or 3 Families Crowding into a House of Sorts? - Family. Parents, Grand Parents etc. Just an Observation When I Worked in Courier Land Years Back.I saw Families Crowding Into Houses and what Have You.
Tnx,
Operater

The store at the corner of 11th and 11th looks to be closed, and there is a construction/demolition fence around the site. Looks like they are preparing to demo the remainder of the site. According to The City's my property map, the BP is still on hold for this one, but it is a sign of progress I suppose.

The store at the corner of 11th and 11th looks to be closed, and there is a construction/demolition fence around the site. Looks like they are preparing to demo the remainder of the site. According to The City's my property map, the BP is still on hold for this one, but it is a sign of progress I suppose.
I suppose if they are planning to demo that site, it's quite likely it could be a go, and might confirm another rumor. I had heard that after Maria Tomas Furniture left that site, that the landlord was offering to rent it again, but would only offer a two year lease.

Hi All,

I Noticed the Name "Maria Thomas" Brought Up! There is a Store With SAME Name at 60/Centre St South. I Go to Trains & Such at the Other End of the Bldg Complex a
Lot to Buy Things etc. I will ask if Its the Same Location as was in Belt West.

Tnx,
Operater

Hi All,

I Noticed the Name "Maria Thomas" Brought Up! There is a Store With SAME Name at 60/Centre St South. I Go to Trains & Such at the Other End of the Bldg Complex a
Lot to Buy Things etc. I will ask if Its the Same Location as was in Belt West.

Tnx,
Operater
Yeah, Maria Tomas moved their store down to 60th a couple of years ago.

The store there (Industrial Elements) was open for only about a year in that spot before they moved. I figured this project was dead when they moved into that spot last year, was very surprised to see it closed so soon. Bring on the tower though, that will totally change the feel of the area!

A 140 meter tower in the western Beltline will significantly add to the westward expansion of the skyline. Very cool :)

Edit: ew, but it's Cidex :/

A 140 meter tower in the western Beltline will significantly add to the westward expansion of the skyline. Very cool :)

Very intriguing, will certainly change that part of town. I would normally say this is too much density soaked up into one site which should be spread around to actually attempt to fill in the community, however as high-rise residential product demand is apparently unlimited in Calgary recently given all these unlikely project starts, sure let's go for it ;).

It is not Cidex. That has been a very frequent misconception. See my post from a couple of pages ago:
This isn't Cidex. It is Intergulf. The two partnered on a number of towers previously, but they are separate companies. They have not partnered on their latest ventures (not sure why). Intergulf is not involved with West Village Towers, Hat East Village, or the Elbow River Project. Cidex is not involved in this one. Intergulf's website shows it as "coming soon":
http://www.intergulf.com/projects.htm

The DP for this one was approved on December 17, 2015:
https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/DP2015-1883

According to the City's "My Property" map, a BP has been applied for (on October 27, 2016), but is currently on hold, meaning they applied, received comments back from the City, and have not yet responded to those comments to get the final approval.

It is not Cidex. That has been a very frequent misconception. See my post from a couple of pages ago:

Oh good, @Surrealplaces could you please update the name of the thread? Very happy to re-learn that this is not a Cidex project.

Last edited:

Back