Sunalta Heights | 88.39m | 27s | Housing One | S2 Architecture

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thread for the new proposal on 10th ave by Bronconnier's group Housing One.

Highlights from the DP
  • 2 towers, one at 84.4m and 26 floors, and a second tower at 72.4m and 21 floors.
  • Phase 1, also known as the west tower will be 27 floors and 182 units
  • Phase two east tower is 21 floors and 151 units.
  • 271 parking stalls
  • 3 levels of parking below, and two above.
  • 8 CRU's all at grade
Podium with above ground parking using fiber cement panels that are terracotta colored instead of gray like Residence Inn, and retail at grade. Tower is fairly generic along the lines of Aura or Redstone using aluminum panels and vision glass.

fullsizeoutput_3549.jpeg
10 tha  e mixed.jpg
fullsizeoutput_3548.jpeg

Attachments

• sunalta-map-2.jpg
    sunalta-map-2.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 802
  • 1553109672583.jpg
    1553109672583.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 760
Last edited:
These are pretty short towers for possibly the only potential site that will allow for taller buildings in Sunalta. Im looking at this project as to how it will extend the skyline when looking south from Crescent Heights hill. I was assuming at least one of the towers would clear the 100m mark but now Im preferring a single tall tower option.

Yaaas I was at the council meeting when they approved the land use for this one. It is to have a very significant affordable housing component.

Considering that it has 80 affordable units, it's pretty good.

It is good, but considering they are using the brick already on the podium, the design is lazy and lacks articulation at grade. A mild rework of the podium to have a more interesting and thoughtful at-grade relationship and this building is good.

The more I look at it, the more i think it's a win. Nothing special, but that parcel is not an easy one to get developed, and the design is a decent enough, non-offending look. Different case than something like The Hat in EV, where it sits on a prime location. This is a win for the area, and maybe the core in general as @1875 pointed out, it might help ease in larger projects west of 14th.

Back