101 – 11th Avenue SE | 120.09m | 37s | Oxford Properties | Zeidler

It's a parking lot unrelated to this development.

Hard to tell that parking is the intended use for that space. The rendering shows people wandering around but no cars. Right now the east side of that block includes the vacant lot where the Co-op gas station use to be, and an abandoned single store building.

Last edited:
The tower designs don't appeal to me all. The grey panelling is a big part of it. I also agree on a taller podium. The mid block plaza and hopeful connection through the development could be its best quality. The artistic impression is engaging with the street unlike other plaza designs we've seen for other developments.

Seems to be a lot of open courtyard space on the east side of the property which does not make sense. Would this be for future development?
I am curious about that too. I hope that they get the vehicle access part correct so that it's impact to the urban form and street wall is minimized. The Guardian / Arriva is a textbook example of not what to do. https://goo.gl/maps/HFEEDKY2eGHsiFqd8 . I hope they remove a ridiculous semi-truck turning radius plan if there is one for the alley.

http://wexforddevelopments.com/location/beltline/
Wexford has an image detaining site proposal. City Permit has been approved. It will be nice to see this old lot finally get developed.
1581531640697.png

That will be great to see an entire city block of parking eliminated.

The link you posted is dead, but here's the real one...

Also, here are the full renders! They look updated and more detailed than what we've previously seen. It may be the worst scaled podium we've ever seen, but I actually don't mind it... it's open and airy. Not bad for a development taking up an entire city block

c1.jpg

McLeod-Trail-and-12th-Avenue-SW-looking-NW-FULL-Aerial-marked-1.jpg

c4.jpg

c3.jpg

c2.jpg

That will be great to see an entire city block of parking eliminated.

The link you posted is dead, but here's the real one...

Also, here are the full renders! They look updated and more detailed than what we've previously seen. It may be the worst scaled podium we've ever seen, but I actually don't mind it... it's open and airy. Not bad for a development taking up an entire city block

c1.jpg

McLeod-Trail-and-12th-Avenue-SW-looking-NW-FULL-Aerial-marked-1.jpg

c4.jpg

c3.jpg

c2.jpg
I already posted those renders back in October :confused:
The location shot though is new to the site.

I can't see this one going forward before there is some more certainty on the Green Line alignment and timing. It would be great to see this building integrated with the Centre Street station.

I appreciate that there's no red brick on the podium. Can we declare Stampitecture dead in this city?
That seemed to be a design requirement for anything built from 1 St SE and east. I thought it was more to do with keeping appearances in line with the nearby 'warehouse district' than the Stampede.

Back