Belvedere Place | 20m | 6s | Northland | Pacific Coast Architecture

5FAB81F1-9582-408B-87F2-B2CD8B1CAE47.jpeg
B6DEDB81-D65C-4B07-B7C0-A91D26D1424F.jpeg

These Kingsland projects are good to see. There's a bit of steady redevelopment scene happening with those Trico developments plus a few other infills along Glenmore. Lots of new energy into the area, in a relatively centrally located community. However, it's a shame that the area has non-existent pedestrian or transit orientation. All those new units at reasonable densities wasted in a pure suburban style, car-oriented environment. Walking distance to the LRT and Chinook Centre too.

South of Glenmore Calgary really needs at least one walkable node to start building off of. I mean literally anything. I can't recall a single pedestrian-oriented development or retail unit south of Glenmore at all. Perhaps there's something brand-new out in the deep 2020s era burbs I am unaware of?

Granted, it's a tough ask - the southern third of the city is about as pure 1970s-2020s car-dependent sprawl design as you can get from it's first construction. Low densities, minimal mixing of uses, no institutions to build off of with reasonable job clusters - the 2010s-era South Calgary Hospital being a notable exception, but painfully squandered by building it in most suburban, transit unfriendly location available.

Meanwhile MacLeod Trail and the CPR tracks do such a good job of sterilizing the more centrally located areas, no amount of TOD development or Kingsland-scale redevelopments has been yet able to make up for it. We just needs something walkable, somewhere!

Last edited:
Northland Asset Management is a new entrant to Calgary. They only have a handful of residential properties scattered across B.C, AB & Sask.

Northland Asset Management is a new entrant to Calgary. They only have a handful of residential properties scattered across B.C, AB & Sask.

They will grow fairly quickly with that much capital behind them, the family owns sandman inns and moxies etc.

Back