August at University District | ?m | 6s | Avi Urban

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
First detailed renders of August are now out. Sales launched this weekend. Looks really good as far as mid-rises in Calgary go. Primary cladding looks to be brick. Thumbs up from me.

august_2.jpg

Additional renders can be found here... http://www.aviurban.com/august/

Similar massing, for sure.

The section above the podium looks really good. Podium...could use some tweaking, but for this location I'm not even concerned about the podium.

A great low-rise. Repeat on all corridors and districts where we want some density at a human and urban scale and we got ourselves a city. Something like this would work anywhere in Mission (e.g. former Holy Cross Centre), Victoria Park, anywhere along the river pathway in the northwest/centre, any LRT station - as well as in the usual suspect 'hoods of the city centre.

I am 100% in agreement.
A great low-rise. Repeat on all corridors and districts where we want some density at a human and urban scale and we got ourselves a city. Something like this would work anywhere in Mission (e.g. former Holy Cross Centre), Victoria Park, anywhere along the river pathway in the northwest/centre, any LRT station - as well as in the usual suspect 'hoods of the city centre.

Co-sign CBBarnett. This is a great mid-rise project and would fit in nicely among the new Kensington builds. Hopefully they don't cheap out on materials....the 'Duke' is a pretty underwhelming Avi Urban outcome

If these builds turn out as nice as their renders, University District will be a nice urban village some day.

Back