News   Apr 03, 2020
 2.5K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.2K     0 

Alberta Provincial Politics

If an election was held today, who would you vote for?

• UCP

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • NDP

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alberta Party

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

adamyyc

Member Bio
Reaction score
The question is why. Just a reflexive response to the way the NDP talks sometimes turns people off bigtime I think.
Because I don’t think there’s a place for people to put their vote who disagree with the ideological fringes of the NDP or UPC, and because it would be good to have a third party hold the balance of power in a minority government in the province every once in a while.

Urban Outdoorsman

Member Bio
Reaction score
That pretty much sums it up.

I'm generally a centrist / disillusioned liberal whose feeling pretty out of options politically. On many issues I'd lean left, but watching some of the insanity on the left these days makes it harder and harder to stomach voting that way. That being said, while I often find myself agreeing with some more right leaning sensibilities I'm generally not in favor of some major policy issues that conservatives tend to hold dear.

My hope for the Alberta Party would be a party that's reasonably centrist/pragmatic in their policies while avoiding the ideological battles afoot on both the right and left. But maybe that's too much to ask for in our current cultural climate.