Park Central | 134m | 39s | Hines | S.C.B.

General rating of the project

• Great

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Very Good

Votes: 51 54.8%
  • Good

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • So So

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Crappy picture of the site this morning. Snowing too hard to get out of the truck. Anyways they had both drills going hard today. No digging yet on the site

3FF76386-8140-43DB-A7C2-2B5761AA8625.jpeg

Attachments

• 3FF76386-8140-43DB-A7C2-2B5761AA8625.jpeg
    3FF76386-8140-43DB-A7C2-2B5761AA8625.jpeg
    657.2 KB · Views: 486
I do not know who he is, but the placement of the washer fluid nozzles and the raised portion of the hood give it away, for me anyway. I am a member of a forum called Ford Truck Enthusiasts as well.

I do not know who he is, but the placement of the washer fluid nozzles and the raised portion of the hood give it away, for me anyway. I am a member of a forum called Ford Truck Enthusiasts as well.
Wow! And i didn't even notice the truck until it was pointed out lmao
Guess that shows about how much I know about cars & trucks

April 25, 2018

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2976.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2972.JPG
    IMG_2972.JPG
    489.1 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_2976.JPG
    IMG_2976.JPG
    443.6 KB · Views: 524
Excavation underway but they don't have their BP or DP released. The DSSP is approved. Anybody know what's up? Or is it standard practice that digging can begin?

Can't a development begin excavating with something like a partial BP or a shoring permit? Can't remember the exact terminology, but I think you can start digging your pit while you sort out the remaining details of your PTRs (DP release) and BP.

I don't know the specifics to Calgary. A hole being dug shouldn't require development approval or a building permit. Nothing is being built. It has it own permits like demolition.

Dump trucks were really lining up along 12th Ave this afternoon, and they look to be down fairly far on the North side of the site. Looks to be full steam ahead!:)

I don't know the specifics to Calgary. A hole being dug shouldn't require development approval or a building permit. Nothing is being built. It has it own permits like demolition.
Demolition requires a permit like you said, but they are shoring, and that requires a permit tied to both a DP and a BP, this is to ensure that someone doesn't just dig a big hole then leave it with no concrete plans as to what will fill it.

You used to be able to get a permit to begin shoring without the BP fully released. It would allow you to put in your piles and go down ~10’.

Projects like Five West and Colours both started excavating before their building permit was released. I don’t know if the city still does that anymore.

Can't a development begin excavating with something like a partial BP or a shoring permit? Can't remember the exact terminology, but I think you can start digging your pit while you sort out the remaining details of your PTRs (DP release) and BP.

Demolition requires a permit like you said, but they are shoring, and that requires a permit tied to both a DP and a BP, this is to ensure that someone doesn't just dig a big hole then leave it with no concrete plans as to what will fill it.

Development approval implies a released DP. I've never heard of excavation and shoring requiring a DP or more than an excavation and shoring permit. How does one remove contaminated soil if you need a DP for shoring and excavation in Calgary?

You can begin shoring with an approved (but not released) DP, but there also has to be a BP application in the city. The File manager (DP) can tell the Safety Codes Officer (BP) that shoring and partial release of the BP (Foundation permit) can go ahead while everything with the towers and superstructure are reviewed. It's a bit of a risk and I think the developer will have to post securities to cover any work the city might have to do if the development falls through before they get back up to grade.

I'm not sure how permits work for remediation, usually it's tied to a development for the sake of prudence (need something to offset the remediation costs) but it's something I've never dealt with personally.

Back