Votes: 11 26.8%
  • So So

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Here's the scoop. They were going to do a re-clad on the office building, but as @Urb mentioned they had some structural concerns. Not the building falling apart concerns, but rather with general design considerations with what they wanted to do. For example, they wanted larger washrooms, and increased sizes to the floor plates as well as adding another floor. Also they want to put a restaurant on the top floor, with a rooftop patio directly above it. In the end it was easier to just start over. The rest of the plan is still the same, with the tower towers as planned, and the 7 CRUs at street level (two facing 15th ave, one facing 17th ave and 4 facing 4th street) The materials are the same, and the new office building looks similar to the one in the rendering except more modern.

As strange as it might sound, the office portion is the one that will go first, and has a good likelihood of going ahead. With the building nearly empty it's the best time to do it. Towers may end up as one being rental and one being condo.

I don’t see why they don’t put the office tower on the NW corner if they’re building new now. It would have better downtown views for the top floor restaurant/patio and minimize overlook and noise to their future residential. They should do a condo/hotel mix on the SW corner.

I don’t see why they don’t put the office tower on the NW corner if they’re building new now. It would have better downtown views for the top floor restaurant/patio and minimize overlook and noise to their future residential. They should do a condo/hotel mix on the SW corner.
Looking at the rendering it appears the west residential tower is a bit east of the office tower, so the views should still be decent, though, they might not see the Telus Sky or Calgary Tower. NW corner would have been better.

It sounds they didn't want to break up the residential towers which will share the same podium, and be more or less separate from the office/retail portion. The office portion will have an alleyway type road coming in off of 17th ave and have entrances into the building from that section. Otherwise, yeah, the views from the NW corner would have been kick ass. Views will still be good even on the SW corner.

Maybe they could have opted to rebuild the office tower shorter. I mean something between 6-8 storeys would still be good for a rooftop patio and also help with street scale for pedestrians along 17th. Not to mention we don't need all that office space. But hey, as long as something happens on that site soon, I'll be fine with whatever they choose either way.

Maybe they could have opted to rebuild the office tower shorter. I mean something between 6-8 storeys would still be good for a rooftop patio and also help with street scale for pedestrians along 17th. Not to mention we don't need all that office space. But hey, as long as something happens on that site soon, I'll be fine with whatever they choose either way.
For a rooftop patio, I'd prefer something around the 5-6 floor height and a little closer to the street life, but for an indoor restaurant the 11th floor would have a better view.

This one seems to be moving along.

Hi All,
L will B Looking Forward to Seeing this Project get Built in a Few Years Time
Don't know When it will Happen. but I am Hoping Construction won't B to Far
Off in Terms of the Project. I Originally thought it was to B 3 Bldgs. Guess Not.
Construction hasn't Started Yet but am Looking Forward to Seeing Work get
Under Way, Tnx.

Good god man. You keep reactivating threads that haven't been touched in months or years. If there was any news, they would be updated.

Back