Votes: 13 15.9%
  • So so

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Not very good

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For the longest time I thought that this one was a block south next to the circle K. Does anyone know what's going on with that site directly West of Stella that appears to be fenced off in sections?
Screenshot (3).png

Ecstatic to see this project moving ahead!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    821.5 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:
This is sooo awesome!
This is a great "economic downturn" in terms of residential tower construction. Imagine what it will be like when we're booming again !!
:cool:

The Metropolitan is ugly. I don't mind the concept. It's different from the generic tall point tower on a podium and has an unmistakable downtown presence.

As for this tower, looks like a uninspired Vancouver tower from ten years ago. I guess that's around the time this was proposed. Curtain wall would greatly improve the look.

Hi all,

I Remember Years Ago, You couldn't get Dvlpmts in the Belt Line even if you Tried etc. A Good While Back I Remember Reading in the Herald that there was
something Like $2 Billion worth of Dvlpmts in the Wings for the Belt Line. Thought it was a Lot of Money at the Time! Still Is. Its Now 2018. Now Its All Changed!
From Macleod Tr on the East to 14th St on the West, Its Dvlpmts All Over the Place. I have a lot of confidence that a lot of these Projects will Still Go Ahead even if
Economics are on the Rough Side. The Dvlprs Must Know a lot more then We do. I Look at the Belt Line as a Place to Keep Tabs On Plus Down Town.
Belt Line? Go For It

Tnx,
Operater

These developers are banking on a growing demand (by millenials) for rental property in the inner city. The real sign for if and when our local economy is on the upswing, is when condo (for sale) projects in the inner city start launching with some frequency. Until the downtown job market improves (filling up that vacant office space in the process) we are not there yet.

Hi All,
The Question I ask is That if There are a Lot of Condos/Apts Going in all Over the Belt Line & Downtown, Where are All the Jobs Going to B to Justify all Construction
that is Taking Place on the Belt Line.
Tnx,
Operater.

It's not a lot. It's still well below the peak of the boom. Things aren't going to come to a complete because oil prices are down.

People will move to Calgary whether we build condos or not. To slow urban sprawl, I'd rather they move here and live in condos as opposed to suburban homes 45 minutes from the core.
Whether you live in a condo or a house, you still take up one job position. You're not going to be denied a job, or given any less opportunity, because you live in a condo in the Beltline as opposed to a house in the suburbs.
It's probably better to live closer to downtown. There's more jobs there to begin with and commutes aren't nearly as long.

It's not a lot. It's still well below the peak of the boom. Things aren't going to come to a complete because oil prices are down.

I am kind of curious to see the 2018 census data. If the growth rate is similar to what we saw last year, then I think Condo and rent prices are going to continue to decline.

Back