Votes: 13 15.9%
  • So so

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Not very good

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't know what you're asking? The difference between rental (rented) and condo (owned) are obvious. A condo apartment that is not occupied by the owner and is being rented out is a rental . No apartment building rents out month to month. It costs money every time someone moves in or out. They need to stay a year minimum to profit.

Hi,
Some Items I DON'T Quite Understand and I Should. After All I did 4 Yrs Appraisel back home (Mtl). Back Then Condos Were NOT the Big Thing they are Now.
OK the Dvlprs are Claiming "Rental Units". That's Fine. Questions? What is the Difference Between "Comdos" and "Rental Units" that Could B "For Sale" or "Long
Term Lease" at a Set Cost as Such, These Units WON'T Come Cheap and as I See It, It Won't B Month to Month Like Regular Apts (?). .Anyone in Real Estate
Who Can Answer My Questions as Such. Hope this Is NOT Asking to Much.
Tnx,
Operater.
A new 'condominium for sale' project is when the developer is selling out the building to individual buyers. As possessions take place, the building is eventually turned over to the condominium corporation (the individual owners).
A purpose rental building is leased out to tenants but ownership of the suites/building is retained by the developer or the investment group.
Sometimes, as we saw in the early 2000's, the owner of the rental building will decide to convert the building to a condominium. As leases, expire the owner sells the individual unit to a home buyer. This happened with a lot of older buildings that were renovated for the purpose of selling as a condo.

This might be the Ramsay Worden/Stantec collaboration project where Ramsay designs and Stantec does the Contract Administrating of it.. I will need to check as the BP has already been released and the plan is to start digging right away as soon as the last dumptruck load of rubble is carried away.
This will be a fun one..

Bokimon! Missed you dude! Thanks for the info, reeeeally stoked for this one to get going :) Honestly a bit in shock that we are back into another tower boom. Or maybe a different way to put it is that the 2014 tower boom is still going strong.

Thanks guys, it is good to be back and I think I will settle here for a while.
I'm going to have to walk by the site this weekend and take a look as maybe the demo might be all done by now. The tower boom if you even dare to call it as that feels back and it is pretty good.
Though the office types are not in the picture, condos and rental apartments I will happily take especially tall 40+ storey ones like this..

Hi,
Guess this will B Interesting Really. On One Hand I see Dvlpmt in the East Belt going from 10th Ave South to the Areas of Mission East to what Erlton/25th Ave South
with Various Projects Proposed. In Downtown/Belt West Its Various Projects/Heights on the Drawing Boards as Such. What Gets Blt is Anyone's Guess Honestly.
Some how I cone away with the Feelings Dvlprs are Sitting Tight waiting to See what will Happen after the Next Provincial Election. Right Party Gets In, the Investment
$1s will Start to Poor in Big Time. Lets Hope So.

Tnx,
Operater,

Hi,
For Now, 44 Flrs UP will Make it the Tallest Structure in Belt West for the Time Being. - Belt West - Points 8th St and West.

Tnx,
Operater.

I’m sorry but I find this one really ugly. It looks like a sim city tower. The design is so bland but it tries to look edgy with the spire and the slightly irregular balconies. I wouldn’t be sad if this got a complete redesign. There’s already enough ugly in that area with POV.

I’m sorry but I find this one really ugly. It looks like a sim city tower. The design is so bland but it tries to look edgy with the spire and the slightly irregular balconies. I wouldn’t be sad if this got a complete redesign. There’s already enough ugly in that area with POV.
I agree on that point, which is one of the reasons I like it. Of all the new towers u/c or soon to be u/c, this is the only one that's not a typical box. I used to hate spires, but now I'm finding it refreshing.

To me it looks generic not refreshing. That’s why I mentioned sim city. Looking at it again the podium is terrible as well. Only 1 floor.

Frankly, we still need towers like this to fill out the downtown and I actually think that a few more generic towers are ok at this point, we already have the Bow, Brookfield and Telus Sky which are all fairly complex designs nothing wrong with some more tame towers here and there.

Back