101 – 11th Avenue SE | 120.09m | 37s | Oxford Properties | Zeidler

That's exciting news. Looking forward to hearing more!

The towers look good but not a big fan of the podium. Im starting to get sick of these redundant fancy shaped podiums when time after time they continue to disappoint. Id rather just see a simple, straight podium with good materials broken up to human scale rather than a fancy design like a plaza with two spots for retailers on each corner. Podiums/midrises that act as a street wall for pedestrians walking parallel on the sidewalk tend to work the best from an urban design perspective. Something along the lines of Manhattan, Central London, Downtown Vancouver, etc.
Example in Kensington:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0539...v1ybKsIyQFr9RJsupAjw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
Now if they were to add alley retail in the plaza like the Chinatown proposal then that would be something Im up for! Overall, Its still great to see more density being added so its still a win.

The towers look good but not a big fan of the podium. Im starting to get sick of these redundant fancy shaped podiums when time after time they continue to disappoint. Id rather just see a simple, straight podium with good materials broken up to human scale rather than a fancy design like a plaza with two spots for retailers on each corner. Podiums/midrises that act as a street wall for pedestrians walking parallel on the sidewalk tend to work the best from an urban design perspective. Something along the lines of Manhattan, Central London, Downtown Vancouver, etc.
Example in Kensington:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0539...v1ybKsIyQFr9RJsupAjw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
Now if they were to add alley retail in the plaza like the Chinatown proposal then that would be something Im up for! Overall, Its still great to see more density being added so its still a win.

Totally agree. Also, 11 Ave probably has the city's most extensive collection of red brick industrial buildings. It's really a missed opportunity not to have a podium that attempts to fit into that existing aesthetic. Something like this would be much better.

I would like that podium.The brick is a nod to the surrounding areas but isn’t a faux historical look.
Totally agree. Also, 11 Ave probably has the city's most extensive collection of red brick industrial buildings. It's really a missed opportunity not to have a podium that attempts to fit into that existing aesthetic. Something like this would be much better.

I found some new Images that were on the Wexford Developments site so I decided to register and share them here.
The Project's new address is 103 – 11th Avenue SE.
c1.jpg

*is wet* That's a huge improvement! Thanks for sharing. Really hoping it's true and this one is getting moving. My biggest critique is that they really need to make the podium higher. One storey podiums are just... not good. 500 Block is probably the best scaled/massed project in the city, and this one would be amazing if it had a similar podium.

Seems to be a lot of open courtyard space on the east side of the property which does not make sense. Would this be for future development?

Back