News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.9K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Weather and Gardening Discussion

We get the heavy wet stuff well into May, so I wait until May Long for summers and switch to winters between Thanksgiving and Halloween.
In my experience, your all-season/all-weather "summers" should do just fine in the heavy wet stuff as it is similar to heavy rain. Proper winter tires are for cold temperature plus snow, in almost 20 years, it hasn't done me wrong.

Is there anywhere that shows current and historic water levels in various river basins around the province? I would have to think that the drought in the Calgary area has lessened quite a bit with all the moisture we have received lately, but other parts of Alberta are still in dire straights.

Is there anywhere that shows current and historic water levels in various river basins around the province? I would have to think that the drought in the Calgary area has lessened quite a bit with all the moisture we have received lately, but other parts of Alberta are still in dire straights.
Maybe here?: https://rivers.alberta.ca/

IMG_0900.jpeg

Downtown yesterday afternoon, could barely hear my phone over the downpour on the roof lol.

I wonder if we are going to go from talking about drought to flooding in parts of the province, a months worth of rain in the next few days is intense. Good thing it's still falling as snow in the mountains.

Back